Thursday, December 08, 2005

Woo hoo! Weezer scored a Grammy nomination!

About damn time the general public realized what a great band Weezer is! They have been nominated for Best Rock Song for "Beverly Hills" (in my opinion the worst song on the CD, but still a good song, and clearly a commercial hit). I'm sure Rivers is out meditating right now and probably could care less that they were nominated, but I still think its awesome! They are up against Foo Fighters, U2, Coldplay and.....Bruce Springsteen? Did he have an album out? Isn't he like 107 years old? The Foo Fighters song "Best of You" was certainly fabulous and will be some stiff competition, and everyone who thinks they are cool loves Coldplay (for the life of me, I cannot figure out why). U2 is a perrenial favorite just because, they too, are nearly 107 years old and never seem to go away. I don't know if the super rock nerds Weezer will pull it off, but they surely have my vote! RWA!

No comments: