Sunday, December 18, 2005

What a weekend

They say sleep deprivation is good for the soul. Ok, "they" don't really say that, but it sounded good. So, I'm back at work for another fun filled week but can't help but to reflect on my weekend.

It started out with my birthday lunch with grandpa. We went to this little local place in Florissant. He got on to me for not eating all my food (the "I'm full" excuse didn't work on him!). We then went back to his house and hung out for a few hours. Spending time with him made me realize how lucky I am to have him. I loved hearing his stories about how he and my grandma met (even though I've heard them a million times!). I love my grandpa and think he's the greatest guy in the world (besides my daddy and my brother!). I also got to spend time with his paralyzed cat. Uh.....yea. This thing drags itself around (her back legs are paralyzed-grandpas theory is that she was picked up by a giant hawk then dropped.....what????). She is very sweet though, if not a little freaky......Thursday night was our Book Club Christmas celebration. We trekked on out to Valmeyer. Such a good time! Shannon is a fabulous hostess! I can't wait for the First Annual Book Club Hoosier Beauty Pageant! :)

Friday, Friday, Friday......what can I say about Friday? I went out with Cute Boy. Words can't even describe. A great time was had by all (at least I'm pretty sure he had a great time, either that, or he's just telling me what I want to hear!). Cute Boy is gonna be the death of me. Seriously. I'm gonna have to leave it at that, can't let too many details out! That's between the two of us..... :) I was also quite entertained by my intoxicated relatives. Aunt Mary and Aunt Diane-I'll go drinking with you ladies anytime! Yee haw!

Saturday was a good day too. I was quite tired, having arrived home at 5:30am (I told you I had a good time Friday!). We had Girls Nite In at my sisters house. After a Red Bull I was fully awake. We had various mixed drinks-my favorite was the mojito-yummy! We also had bloody mary's and chocolate martinis (my downfall, they taste like chocolate milk. Before you know it, you've had five and you are falling off your chair....). We watched some fun girlie movies. I made it to 1am before I had to go to sleep. I only got a couple of wake up calls from Chloe.

Here's to another fun work week. Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not telling you what you want to hear but how you made me feel and it was sure darn well a great nite and will be done again soon

KD said...

good to know Cute Boy! :) I can't wait to see ya again!