Monday, December 05, 2005

A week of being on call

Ick. I am on call for work this week, beginning today and going through next Monday morning at 8am. I was lucky enough to find someone to cover Saturday for me so I don't have to cancel my plans-our VP of Operations agreed to switch Saturdays with me. Thanks Al! I really don't mind being on call and getting calls at 3:00 in the morning. The only issue I have with on call week is the anxiety associated with waiting for the phone to ring. I don't sleep well because I am afraid I will miss a call, and I always have that worry that they are gonna call me about something and I won't know what to do. That part hasn't happened yet (knock on wood), still it is a lot of pressure to be the one person that staff expects to be able to answer anything and everything. I'm amazed they let me be on call for this at all (well let is the wrong word, it's really not so much an option). All I can hope is that I don't screw things up too badly.

So, I was thinking I may need to start Christmas shopping. I usually wait till about the week before Christmas. I shop better under pressure. I'll do it once I'm moved and settled. Moving is stressful enough, no need to compound that with going to the mall.

No comments: