Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hair prescription

I wrote the below entry in response to my cousin Mike's wife Kim, and her agonizing detail of being harrassed by the "makeup experts" at the Clinique counter. All women have experienced this before, the pressure to purchase all of the recommended products, because, if you don't, your skin/hair will shrivel up and fall off. All details of the event are true, some names have been changed to protect anonymity.

Kim,

I have a similar story, only this one involves the hair salon. I was actually written a HAIR PRESCRIPTION. This sounds pretty serious. A summary of my hair needs is as follows: I need hair tonic as my foundation, a silicone based straightening agent, a thickening spray, grooming creme, sumotech wax (which, by the way costs $21 for a little tiny pot of it), a Chi straightener ($130 on sale)and Loreal Professional Absolute Repair shampoo and conditioner. I had no idea my hair was in such danger by using Suave products and the $30 straightener by Conair. I am so glad that "Marissa" was tending to my hair needs. We need more Marissa's around. The world would be a much better place if we would all just follow the recommendations of our hair stylists and/or make up experts. So, go ahead, spend $500 on your head/face/hands/whatever. Do it for your fellow man (or woman). A wise man once said "tis better to spend all your money on beauty products rather than rent". I don't remember the wise man's name, but I'm sure he knew what he was talking about....

Kerri

No comments: