Friday, December 02, 2005

664 and counting....

I have 664 songs downloaded/uploaded on my computer. I am currently uploading my hundreds of CD's onto my computer in anticipation of receiving an iPod for my birthday (just two very short months away-ugh!). I am too cheap to purchase a $300 toy for myself, but will graciously accept it as a gift. This uploading job has been weeks in the making. You see, my computer runs mind numbingly slow, so to upload one, 10-song CD takes about 30 minutes. I have about 200 CD's. You do the math. Currently, the Pure Country soundtrack is being uploaded. Full of George Strait tunes from when he played "Dusty", a character, that, oddly enough, was much like George himself in real life.

Big plans this weekend! Not really. My main task will be to begin packing for next weekends big move. Packing my room shouldn't be that painful. What I dread is opening up my storage unit. I remember back in July, filling that thing up with most of my crap, by the end, we were just kinda throwing things in there. I'm afraid to see what it looks like now. I think my sis and I are going to see "Rent" tomorrow night and go to dinner. Saturday, I will be travelling to Valmeyer, IL for the Annual Shelley Family Christmas Party. A good time will be had by all. My friend Shannon's dear husband Bruce does all the cooking (and it's fab-u-lous!), the fridge is stocked with tasty adult beverages. Last year we played board games and just had a great time. I can't wait! Let me know if you want to carpool.

Next weekend, aside from moving, is another Ivory Tiger weekend. This time, we are following the band to Granite City, IL. I know what you're thinking, and YES, I am going over there to see cute boys (or just a cute boy). I also very much look forward to a night w/my peeps Karen and Mark and Amy and Shannon. Anyone else that would like to make the trek over to Illinois is more than welcome to come with. We are thinking a stop at Fast Eddie's may be in order. Get us all nice and ready to tackle Granite City. Good times. Illinois can't handle this.

No comments: