Friday, December 09, 2005

Friends in low places

Leave it to my dear, darling friend Canada to remind me of the Golden Clipboard. I didn't really believe it-it was all Christi!!!!!!! Let me tell you the story (Canada, not sure I remember it clearly, you may have to clarify).

Canada someone managed to convince Christi (not me, I swear) that George Brett (of Royal's fame, don't you know) had once won the Golden Clipboard award. Now, of course there is no such thing, but Christi also thought those little green things on the ground were apples, when they were, in fact, walnuts. God love her.

Canada-do you remember all the horrible things you used to do our stuffed animals? Once, I found my stuffed frog named Herman hanging from a rope in Canada's room. Another time, he put my stuffed dolphin in a plastic bad and tried to flush him down the toilet. He did some other vile things, I just can't remember them right now........Canada, you're lucky you're cute mister, or I may have had to kill ya!

P.S. Don't forget STEAMROLLER. My sister still talks about that....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was more to it than that. We convinced her that he was the manager of the Royals at the time (which he wasn't) and that he had won the Manager of the Year award (which we all know is called the Golden Clipboard). You can say that you weren't convinced, but I do not recall you saying "I don't believe you guys, you're making that up".

I remember the dolphin going through some tough times (seems like he had a habit of getting caught in closing drawers), but I don't recall Herman. I'm sure if I saw him I would recall an unfortunate incident or two that might have befallen him. I also seem to recall Monkey getting frisky in your room a couple of times with numerous other stuffed animals. I think I have a picture of him and a non descript lion (that was given to us at some mall) dry bonin' next to your microwave. If it makes you feel better, there is a girl at work that has a posable toy alien and as I type this he is sitting in a cardboard pirate ship, with an eye patch and a kleenex bandana (and a Jolly Roger flag with Jimmy on it . . . but that's a story for another day)

I don't specifically remember giving Red a Steamroller, but I am sure there are a lot of people in Warrensburg (and Missouri for that matter) who received Canadian Steamrollers that I don't recall.

KD said...

And what was that damn stuffed animal christi had? a raccoon or something. I think he at one point was hanging from a rope in your room as well...lots of violence went on in there....i sure would love a good steamrollin right about now.....

Anonymous said...

I haven't taken part in a Steamroller in quite some time.

And I am not sure what bothers me more, that you call Canada a low place or that you used a Garth Brooks song to refer to me.

KD said...

would you prefer I use a Barenaked Ladies song? Or Brian Adams? :)