Thursday, December 08, 2005

Chloe likes snow......a lot.

Ok, so,I awoke to a couple of inches of snow today (guess Kansas City wasn't making it up after all-so sorry I doubted the Community Mental Health Center that closed at like 3:30 and sent us their phone lines yesterday). My first thought? This will be interesting, taking Chloe out to go potty in the snow. Chloe has never seen snow. We estimate she was born around April, so, this should be fun. So, I got all bundled up first and got Chloe's leash on her. As soon as I opened the front door, she stopped and stared. What is that stuff on the ground? Once she put her paws on the ground, she was hooked, like a crack whore in a crack house. We walked to her usual potty place on the side of the condo, I typically will let her leash go because she likes to trot around there and pick up sticks and dig in the dirt, I figured, no biggie. Wrong. As soon as I dropped her leash, she took off like a bullet. She ran huge circles around the yard, stopping at times to stick her nose in the snow. I would call her and she would bullet straight towards me, then dart off at the last minute. I do believe she loved the snow. She even wiped out a couple of times. In fact, it was hard for me to get her to go back in the house (she also ran down the street and put her little paw prints in people's yards-sorry neighbors). Once inside, I tried to dry off her little paws, but she kept a'runnin. So much so, in fact, that she did a header into the dining room wall. It really was her own fault, if she'd only let me dry her paws....now she's mad at me because I took a tube of lip gloss away from her. That's the third tube she's gotten to. She is now downstairs sulking. Better go make sure she hasn't "punished" me any further......Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

No comments: