Thursday, September 25, 2008

Suck it, pond scum!

Oh, I do so love beating the Pond Scum. No matter that by beating them, the Cubs helped the Brewers move into a tie for the wild card (ick). Not concerned. Last night's game was just so much fun! And very nearly caused me to have a coronary. Thanks guys. So, I didn't get to watch the game until the 8th thanks to my 12-hour workday, but turns out the 8th on was the most exciting part anyway (I mean, who really wants to watch Big Z give up yet another grand salami? Not this girl!). Did my eyes deceive me or did Bobby Howry actually pitch out of a jam? Surely this is a sign of the End Times. Surely. Sure, Jeff Samardzija let the Pond Scum tie it to send it into extras, but no worries....right? The Mets totally should have won that game. I mean, how many times did they have their leadoff guy on 3rd and didn't score? Bases loaded and didn't score? Yes, the Mets (aka Pond Scum) did everything they could to give this game to the Cubs....and they did. Fast forward to the 10th inning....that sneaky little (and completely underrated) Ryan Theriot (can't stop The Riot!) steals second and gets himself in scoring position and D Lee brought him home with a snazzy little double. The final nail in the Mets coffin? My man Aramis Ramirez's little two-run homer. Nice. Kerry Wood completely shut them down in the bottom of the 10th and my Cubbies went on to secure their 96th win. For all my peeps over at cubblogging.com, my friend Erin and I ordered our "special" Mark DeRosa shirts...they should be arriving soon! ;) Oh I SO can't wait for October baseball.....but first, let's finish off the Mets today then BRING ON THE FATTIES this weekend!

No comments: