Friday, September 12, 2008

I couldn't have scripted it any better

Yes, this is a closeup of my boobs...deal with it....

Picture this-bottom of the 9th, Cubs are up by 1, Cards have two on, two out and Albert "God loves me more than he loves you" Pujols is up to bat. Making matters even more tense, the Cubs have Kerry Wood pitching. Given his penchant for giving up 9th inning leads of late, I was fairly sure that last night's game would be no exception. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had a mini-stroke at some point during the 9th inning. As Cards fans chanted "1908" (REAL original guys....no really, haven't heard that one before) and Cubs fans countered with "4th place, 4th place" (which made me giggle), the heat was on.........and luckily (thanks baseball gods!), the Cubbies won 3-2, taking the series.........which prompts me to belt out the chorus of "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad" by Meatloaf (as promised!). I think at one point I offered to sleep with Alfonso Soriano after that game saving catch in the 8th inning.....sorry Alfonso's wife. I may have also made a similar offer to Carlos Marmol....I'm just sayin'. Oh I do so love September baseball...especially when my team has a 5.5 game lead in their division....... ;)

Oh dear God, get that song out of my head!!!!!!!!!! I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you.......now don't be sad, cuz two outta three ain't bad......

Pictures anyone?here are the Cubbies warming up...don't ask me who's who because I was so high up in the stands that the altitude had changed...I was getting light headed and dizzy just trying to focus to take the picture....

The STL at night.....I still love my city, even if I don't love the baseball team here....Look! It's that sexy bitch, Aramis Ramirez...this was super zoomed it, it was the best I could do....You have no idea how many pictures we took trying to get a decent one of us.....probably the constant giggling didn't help......

I am apparently gonna be Cub-less until Monday thanks to Hurricane Ike and the Ass-tros being big babies, refusing to play at a neutral site this weekend. Apparently, they take home field advantage seriously. I mean, who wants to play in their stupid field anyway? There's a giant hill in the outfield for God's sake. It's just not normal.

On a more serious note, I do hope my family in Houston is safe and hurricane free.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you erased the neck picture damn it!

KD said...

oh Ern, it isn't bad!!!!

Anonymous said...

THese pics are cute girls!!! Of course, minus the cub gear ;)