Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It feels like fall.......

I am in mourning and trying to heal my broken heart all at the same time. Are the Cubs trying to kill me? Because if they are, it's gonna be a slow, painful death. Last night's game goes right up there with some of the more heartbreaking games in the history of the world......not only did they lose in the bottom of the 9th AGAIN, but they lost to the Cardinals. Double whammy. I'm angry and bitter. The only saving grace is that the Fat Brewers also lost, preserving the Cubbies 4.5 game lead in the NL Central. I suggest the Cubbies start playing like a playoff worthy team like NOW, because it ain't gonna get any easier......I have people coming up to me at work today offering me their condolences, some are laughing their asses off (a particular doctor that REFUSES to write me a script for Xanax), some are truly devastated like me (Michele and Ruben). I have to admit, this is fun, but it would be WAY more fun if the Cubs could actually win one....or two, while they're in town.

On to more fun things, like.....this weather. I LOVE IT! It was a cool, crisp 57 degrees this morning...I'm in long sleeves, jeans and......flip flops. Yes, I cannot give up my beloved flip flops, at least not yet. Granted, my toes may freeze off, but that's a chance I'm willing to take. I heart flip flops.

I woke up this morning with the realization that it's only Wednesday. I was really hoping this week was a bit further along than it actually is. That was rather disappointing.

Mike Tinnin is officially on my nerves today.

No comments: