Monday, September 22, 2008

Mappy Birthday Timbo!

Yesterday was my little brother's birthday...the big 2-5. Wow. I find that hard to believe since I still see him as little baby Timmy.......the title is in reference to the cake mom and I made for him. Somehow, I got put in charge of decorating the cake, and my mom had purchased some contraption that is supposed to make cake decorating easy. Um....whatever. So, I start to write "Happy Birthday Tim" on this cake in yellow icing....the icing came out a bit faster than I expected and admittedly, it looked like a hot mess and did appear to say "mappy". Everyone was making fun of it which prompted me to yell such things as "shut up I hate you all" and "I'm never decorating a cake ever again", which just prompted everyone to make fun of me/the cake even more. Judge for yourself.....Clearly, I am no Betty Crocker...

So....hope you had a very Mappy Birthday Tim! Enjoy your super-nerd Harry Potter boxed set.......... check out the mismatched "2" and "5"

It was a good weekend with the fam down in the big town. There were, of course, several trips to the Salem Wal-Mart and the customary 6:20am wakeup call from dad so that we could go into town and eat breakfast (grrrr...unfortunately for me, thanks to the noisy-ass dogs, I was already awake). I watched a lot of Cubs baseball...and yesterday, we sat painfully through the Rams game (0-3 boys, way to go!!!!). Here's some pics of the birthday boy.....Um, Tim, whatcha readin???Not sure what is going on here.....it's Princess Stubby, trying to be cute...more with the cute....she clearly has learned that cute will get you everywhere in life....here's the dogs wrestling..I don't know why I always find this funny....

Saturday night, my mom made Tim and I sit through this show called The Locator. It's about a dude named Troy (it's all about the ratings, mother f***er!!!! Right, Tim???) who helps reunite families-so people that have been adopted find their birth families and stuff like that. Watching this show prompted me to announce that I, too, planned to find my birth family. Not skipping a beat, my mother says "I already know who your birth parents are....they're apes". Which prompted us both to giggle lots. She then told me I could find them at the St. Louis Zoo. I then notice that apparently my parents calendar is from the Wild Animal of the Month club and September's featured animal was none other than an orangutan and her baby....this gave KD an idea. I grabbed the calendar and found my brother (who had escaped momentarily) and announced I had a picture of him with his birth mother.....he didn't find it nearly as funny as my mom and I did.....not sure why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY!!! Your parent's dog DOES look just like Poppy!!!! Freaky.