Thursday, September 18, 2008

Holy s**t, I missed it!!!!!!


So, there I was, following the Cubs game online since I'm a cubicle rat during the day (as most of us are), the score was 6-2 Fatties in the 9th, so I figured I was safe in assuming that the Cubs magic number was gonna remain at four (remember what they say about "assuming".....). Anyway, so, imagine my surprise when later, I'm at the mall, buying my mom and I some lovely scented products at Bath and Body Works, I suddenly get this text from Erin saying "Cubs win!". My exact response was "WHAT???". She then filled me in on the details, about our 2008 Rookie of the Year Geo hitting a 3-run homer to tie it, and then D Lee winning it in the 12th. And all I can say is, there's always next year, Fatties. Goodbye, and....good riddance!

Now on to the Cardinals.....I'd kinda prefer the Cubbies clinch on Saturday as opposed to tomorrow. See, the Saturday game is the Fox game of the week, on at 3pm local time, and I'm gonna be watching the game with my dad and brother (both huge Cardinal fans). Wouldn't it be fun to get to watch the Cubs celebration with them? Nothing says "Happy 25th Birthday, little brother" quite like sitting with him watching the Cubs celebrate the NL Central championship, dontcha think?

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

It was soooooooooooo awesome! And as much as love B&B, so much better than being there.

I want to clinch on Saturday too. Not that I have anything against your bro but if the guys clinch tomorrow, it means they won't even be at Wrigley to celebrate since we play a day game and the Brewers play a night game. And the celebration's half the fun...all those photos of the guys ecstaticly drenched in champagne...I live for this.

KD said...

Mmmm...I LOVE baseball players drenched in champagne...