Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life lessons learned the hard way

Ok, so there I was, driving to work this morning, minding my own business. I saw that traffic was a bit heavy on Hwy 40, so as I was making my way down the highway, I let not one, not two but THREE cars in ahead of me, figuring good karma would have a way of coming back to me, I mean, after all, I was being a really GOOD person letting those people in, especially the Hummer that was driving up on the shoulder. So, when it was time for me to get over a lane, did anyone let me in? HELL NO. Which prompted me to learn my life lesson for the day: People, in general, are assholes. It's sad but true. My co-worker Julie assures me there is no timeframe on the good karma, so perhaps mine is still coming, I'll just have to wait and see. If I could choose what form it'll take I'd like to see it in the form of the Cubs sweeping the Brewers this week. Thanks karma.

No comments: