Friday, September 26, 2008

Hold me closer, Tony Danza!

So much to talk about, so little time. So let's get started.......

First of all, does anyone know where I can get a used seeing eye dog? It's, uhhhhh.....for a friend. We really only need it during the allergy season, so if anyone has any info on this for me, I'd really appreciate it, because my Google search didn't really turn up too much and I'm afraid of Craigslist. Thanks.

I laughed a lot last night at the crisis line thanks to my girls Tanya and Heidi....and Alex using the stand up cubicle. What the f**k? They have created a computer station there where you...stand up? Why would anyone want to do this? Alex decided to try it last night and I couldn't even look at him without giggling. Well, that, and he offered us his nuts, but that's a whole 'nother story.....

I am entertained by my co-workers this morning. I love how they talk about the tv show The Office like it's real. Already I've heard "did you see what Michael did?" and "can you believe it about Ryan?". Um...I really don't have the heart to tell them that they are tv characters....

Thanks to 106.5 The Arch (and my office karaoke singing co-worker Heather), I have had "Tiny Dancer" in my head since yesterday afternoon. I may start banging my head on my desk if it doesn't go away soon.

CONGRATULATIONS RYAN DEMPSTER!!!!!!! What an amazing year he's had and he is being rewarded by getting to be the starting pitcher for Game 1 of the playoffs starting next Wednesday. Don't F it up, Canuck. ;) Lou Piniella is a smart man...he knows that Demp dominates at home, he also knows that Zambrano is half nuts and can't be trusted (lately he's making that no-hitter look like a fluke...). Ted "bad ass" Lilly or Rich Harden (another sneaky Canadian) would have been decent choices, but really the choice was obvious-Demp is THE MAN. Oh I soooooo can't wait......

Rarely has this ever occurred, but I think a lot of people will be cheering for the Cubs this weekend. They are playing the Fat Asses of Mil-i-wau-kee and, other than people in the Cheesehead State, no one else wants to see them win or make the playoffs. The boys in blue will do their best to oblige....they are clearly not afraid of Miller Park as they proved to the Astros during Hurricane-gate 2008 (are they STILL bitching about that????).

Ummmm....why does it smell like a pig farm outside my office today?

Got to chat with my Canadian last night, made my day (night?). TWELVE days till Canada. Think I need to work on speaking Canadian? What is the proper use of "eh"? Is there a time when it's NOT appropriate? Someone help me. Maybe I'll Google it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I totally looked forward to this post and it is hilarious. I really do not think we are that far off base to inquire about seasonal seeing eye dogs. And, we always have the option for the retired ones at $500 each.