Sunday, September 28, 2008

Congrats Fatties...you've extended your season a whole three games....

The Brewers have got to feel awfully good about themselves right about now, taking 2 of 3 from the Iowa Cubs. Yea, you heard me right. Lou rested the main guys in favor of our AAA favorites to give our boys plenty of rest for the upcoming playoffs (Game 1, Wednesday, be there or be square!) . So, playing CC "Can a brotha get some rest up in here" Sabathia on three days rest YET AGAIN seemed like a good idea....I'll admit, Fatty did a'ight and the Brew Crew beat the Cubs despite the fact that the Cubs didn't even have a real starting pitcher pitch...yea, Lou (evil genius) started the game with one Angel Guzman (who?) and threw in such fan favorites as Michael Wuertz and my personal fave in the sucktastic department-Bob Howry. I swear to God if Howry makes the postseason roster I'm gonna hurl. Bobby, I know you suck ass, but did you have to give up a two-run homer to the biggest a-hole on the team, Ryan Braun (oh wait, maybe he's not the biggest a-hole on that team-he has a lot of competition.....)? Ick. It just makes me sick that the Brewers have made the playoffs, yet even more entertaining is the fact that the Mets did not....talk about monumental collapses. NO New York teams in the postseason? The baseball gods are too kind this year. Too kind. Ok, so here's how it breaks down, the Brewers are about to get their asses handed to them by the Phillies and the Cubbies will be battling Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers. Two interesting battles, I must say. Admittedly, the Cubs have not faced the Dodgers since the Manny era began, we shall see how it goes.

In other fun sports news, the Rams scored their FIRST first quarter touchdown today. In game FOUR. Yea, you heard me right. Wow they suck, but Trent Green may be my new hero. I found myself actually cheering for those yahoos today. I'm sure they'll break my heart.....0 and 4, anyone?

So, I must live two whole days without any Cubbie action. It'll be time to reflect on this 98 win season (YAY!) and mentally prepare for the Battle of the Ramirez'sssssss-Manny vs Aramis. Since I'm in love with Aramis, my vote is for him. Let's see who will be the better team in blue. I LOVE October baseball! (especially when my team is actually playing). :)

No comments: