Saturday, September 20, 2008

Go Cubs Go!



So, two fabulously awesome things happened today-1. I got to talk to my Canadian on the phone and 2. The Cubs clinched the NL Central for the second year in a row. Good day for yours truly, huh?

I got my wish-to watch all the post game celebrations-complete with Jim Hendry getting champagne poured in his eye by one Ronny Cedeno, to see not one, but two Mark DeRosa interviews (I was sooooo channel flipping between WGN and Fox. I mean, DUH!), and to muddle through a Carlos Zambrano interview (no idea what dude was saying, but who cares???). :)

The game started well, the Cubbies built a five run lead, Ted "bad ass" Lilly was lookin good, the Cardinals left fielder was lookin real bad, the Brewers were losing to the Reds-in other words, everything was falling into place. Then came the "attempted comeback". The Cards thought they'd try to make things interesting by scoring four runs to make it 5-4. Hold your horses, said Mr. Lilly, I don't think so. Bring in the Marmolade to hold down the lead in the 8th and then.....it's Kerry Wood in the 9th. My nervous ass was sitting right in front of the TV on the living room floor, seriously about to hurl. Kerry Wood has a habit of either making you love him or totally wanting to punch him in the nose after a blown save-I was hoping for the former. Needless to say, Woody took care of bidness and the champagne corks were popped. I sang "Go Cubs Go" with the rest of Wrigley Field (yes, from my parents living room floor-you got a problem with that???). My brother decided he was done watching and went to sleep (this is when I commandeered the remote and began my hour of channel flipping). LOVED the player interviews! Oh it is sooooo my favorite part.......

Don't know who they will be playing in the first round quite yet, still have another week to prepare but I'm telling you, this team is ready. Go Cubs Go indeed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

umm, where is the pix of the hot catcher without his shirt on???

KD said...

you'll have to go to www.cubblogging.blogspot.com for that one.....