Friday, January 04, 2008

What's that smell?

So I bought this new air freshener for my car the other day (because after nearly two years, the "new car" smell is gone). As I got into my car this morning, it hit me. My car now smells like a bottle of Hot Damn. Not that that's a bad thing by any means, what concerns me is that that was the first thing I thought of. Of all the cinnamon smells in the world, I came up with Hot Damn. Oh, it's been years since I last had some of that yummy cinnamon schnapps. I can remember many a day in college sharing a bottle of Hot Damn with my then room mate, Christi. I also remember one night my freshman year challenging Jason McCauley to a contest to see who could finish a bottle of Hot Damn first (he won). Ah, the good ol' days.

So, thus far this whole shutting down Hwy 40 thing hasn't affected me in the least. In fact, my commute is now only 30 minutes as I realized that the part of Hwy 40 I would need to take is still open. How do ya like me now, bitches??? :) It's a good thing since I now have to be on the road by 6:30-6:45am.

Is it wrong that the thing that is getting me through the day is the thought of possibly going home after work, reading some gossip magazines (I mean, I need to know about Britney's most recent crisis-being held on an involuntary hold on a psych unit, which really, is looooong overdue) and going to bed by 9? Is it wrong, or just plain sad? You be the judge....

In Kerri Is A Hazard To Herself news, it seems I have injured myself doing aerobics. Not a small feat, by any means. I now have a sharp pain in my left shoulder blade which hurts even more when I take a deep breath in (which I'm thinking is not good since you kinda have to breathe pretty much constantly.....). I'm a bit concerned that I have now officially reached old lady status-I mean, when just working out injures you, that's a sign, right? I suppose with my other lamo activities scheduled for tonight I will also have to add "laying on the heating pad". Dammit, old age sucks.

No comments: