Thursday, January 03, 2008

getting warmer

It warmed up to 13 degrees this morning. A vast improvement from the 9 we had yesterday, but still freakin cold. I am wearing my hair in a ponytail today but quickly regretted that this morning as I stepped outside. My neck and ears were freezing! Once in my car, I improvised and wrapped my scarf around my head and ears. I looked like a Russian peasant woman wearing her babushka, but at least I was warm. I can't look cute all the time.... :) I hear it's gonna be in the 60's this weekend-awesome!

I am thanking God I am not working at the crisis line again tonight. Whew! Was it busy last night, or what? Geez Louise! I guess everyone's New Year's resolution was to stabilize their mental health....at least Alex was there. He was sitting in between me and Sherry (who he likes to call Sher-Bear along with me as Ker Bear-we are both gonna kick his ass for it), lucky boy. I assured him last night that he was my favorite boy in the call center. Granted, he was the only boy in the call center, but still. I don't just give compliments away you know! :) He is so much fun to harass-you know the type, easy target but they take it well. I can honestly say he (and a couple other people) make my job there more enjoyable. That, and all the crazy crap you hear on the phones. You can't buy entertainment like that!

I am in a good mood today despite the fact that I woke up with a headache. I am combating it with higher than normal doses of ibuprofen-I should be fine. At least our caseloads are light today, barring any major disasters, this should be a pretty good day. I am kinda digging the new work hours (7:3am to 4:00pm), getting up earlier sucks, but I like getting in early.

Ok, I'm done rambling for now. I think I'll just sit here and be Ridiculously Good Looking. Adios!

No comments: