Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday to my cousin Jeff!




Ah Jeff, you've joined myself and your brother in the cool club known as: People In Their 30's. Congrats. Damn the grandkids are getting old! It's my sister and Jon's turn next! :) I hope you have a GREAT birthday Baby Jeffy! And remember what they say....30 is the new 20....or some bullcrap like that.......

American Idol is back baby! Oh, where do I even start? Last night was the first of the tryouts episodes in the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia (since I hate everyone in PA, I ain't feelin' the love). Let's start with the crazies:

Princess Leia Girl- she screamed "you don't like me because I'm a dork". Uh...yea, it's true. Oh, and you can't sing.


Weird Creepy Dude With The Beard: the before shot-....and the after shot. Words can't even describe. Oh, and he couldn't sing either. He tried to do "Dont'cha" by the Pussycat Dolls....someone get him a psych eval stat!

Creepy Paula Stalker Guy-I'm sure his song was a joke (at least I hope it was), but it was still way creepy...sample line: "if you were a tub, I'd caulk you". Can you say "restraining order"?

Very Nice But Totally Tone Deaf Guy-he really had no clue that he's tone deaf, God love him!

Grace Slick Wannabe/Total Psycho Nutbag:I loved the whole flipping off the camera/cussing out Simon bit. Classic. Get your psych meds adjusted sweetheart.Sing The Mr Bee Gees Man:God love him! He's from Egypt and really believed he was destined for a singing career. And he says his female friends call him "sexy face"...I'm sure they do. He came in to sing "the Mr Bee Gee's man". He was terrible, but also terribly entertaining.
Poor Temptress:I LOVED her. Sure, she couldn't sing worth a darn, but the look on her face when she was told no was sooooo sad, I cried right along with her (I'm not the only one-Michele from work says she cried too). Temptress didn't wanna go out and tell her mama that she was turned down...I wouldn't mess with the girl-she's 16 years old, and is a middle linebacker on her schools football team.

There were some actual good people, but they are not nearly as fun as the rejects. I'm very sad I can't watch it tonight because I have to go to Job #2. Oh well. I'm sure the others will be talking about it at work tomorrow, I'll get my American Idol fix vicariously through them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is American Idol making any stops in St. Louis? I still think you should apply.

KD said...

Oh Canada, I will only if you try out for Canadian Idol...I'm sure your rendition of "Roxanne" would WOW the judges.

Anonymous said...

Damn it . . . I though 40 was the new 20. I'm screwed. Meanwhile, American Idol was freakin hilarious. Ryan Seacrest definitely has his work cut out for him this year. I had to TiVo Biggest Loser Couples, and I have yet to see who was booted off, so don't ruin it for me. :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to audition for Canadian Idol, but the creepy guy singing the Pussycat Dolls song stole my outfit

KD said...

that WAS a sexy outfit...i'm sure you would have looked hot in it....

Anonymous said...

Now you'll never know . . . although even if I did wear that on Canadian Idol, I don't think they broadcast in St. Louis

KD said...

you would have to tape it for me. That would be a can't miss episode...