Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sticking it to The Man

Ok, so apparently Mike's new 2008 calendar is not appropriate for the office. Granted, it is a picture of half naked firefighters, but still.....today we came up with a way that Mike could still have his calendar displayed (sticking it to The Man!). In paper doll-like fashion, we have decided to create shirts for the men for each month. This month's gentleman is wearing a red turtleneck, next month there will be a Mardi Gras theme, and so on. We are so DAMN creative......

So, when I left for work this morning it was NINE DEGREES. That's cold over here in these parts! It took like fifteen minutes for my car to semi warm up. Welcome to January!

How did everyone spend their New Years Day? After football (Mizzou kicked ASS in the Sugar Bowl-Congrats!) was over, I channel flipped in an attempt to stave off boredom when I struck TV gold.............yes, that's right, an America's Next Top Model marathon on VH1. Could life get any better? I proceeded to spend the next few hours of my life watching this trainwreck of a show....I even ignored The Biggest Loser in order to get my Top Model fix......I need rehab.

Back to the old grind today. Work is business as usual today. I have to work at the crisis line tonight. Good times. I need to remember to mail my parents anniversary card to them. Yes folks, on Sunday, my parents will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary. It's unheard of in this day and age. At this point, they are kinda just stuck with each other, I mean sure they drive each other crazy (case in point-on Sunday I was talking to my mom on the phone, and my dad was yelling in the background "I'm hungry, she doesn't feed me! Help me!), but at the end of the day, they compliment each other pretty well.

Oh, I just got a voicemail from a rude woman at work that is making my blood boil...I need some HTN meds, stat.................... ;)

No comments: