Thursday, January 10, 2008

Meth, movies and adult slumber parties

"10 county residents face federal drug charges for meth offenses"-that is today's headline in the Salem News. Is anyone surprised? It's times like this when I am SO proud to come from Southern Missouri.....only the classiest of the classy from my hometown! WTF?

I am being forced to do busy work today. I'm not sure I like it. Sure, I enjoy low caseloads, but busy work? I already have it done and it's only noon. Guess I'm just that good.

I get to see "Juno" tonight, I am so excited to see it!

Now, don't make fun (I know you will) but this weekend is Book Club Slumber Party. Yes, adults do have slumber parties, and no, we will not be hitting each other with pillows while prancing around in our undies, you dirty perverts! No, every year, typically in January, we take turns hosting our sleepover. It is actually a day full of fun events, last year we painted pottery. This year, I believe we have a variety of things planned, including bowling, facials, that ear candle thingy (which scares me a little) and apparently Sally will be in a corner drinking alone. :) We get to venture out to Washington, Mo to Kelly's house-she recently moved to this area and we informed her she had to have furniture before slumber party time. I'm being told she does.

On Sunday, Ern and I will be making our final plans for our Phoenix trip to see the Cubs at Spring Training-GOOD TIMES! :)







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the fun meth story angle, I was reading an article this morning about how a girl in Saskatchewan ODed and then won a civil lawsuit against her drug dealer because he knew that the drug was harmful and that by selling it to her he was intentionally inflicting suffering. To add to the humour, she is quoted as saying she has taken responsibility for her decisions by getting sober. Wouldn't taking responsibility for your choices include not blaming your drug dealer???

kristy said...

Juno is really good! We saw it last Friday. Once you see it, answer me this: If that girl is so "out-there" and is anti-establishment, then how is she best friends the 'hot' cheerleader? Seriously?!

Unknown said...

cough, cough, cough...oh my god.. it's spreading...i'm becoming a hypochondriac