Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back in the land of the living

Wow, I feel 110% today! Back at work, no more hurling, life is good. Turns out, the "hurling disease" as I am now calling it, is running rampant in the St Louis metro area. Who knew?

For the record, I am totally not down with tornado watches and warnings......IN JANUARY. It is totally not cool. Did the storm last night wake anyone else? There I was, 2am, wandering around my apartment, looking out the window for any signs of tornadoes....what I was really upset about was the prospect of sitting in the basement with my three creepy neighbors and then it occurred to me that my pajamas didn't match. Did I really want to be found dead in non-matching pj's? Luckily my worry was all for nothing as there were no apparent twisters in my neighborhood.

I got to talk to my good friend Eric last night. He's my friend from high school-I last saw him in September when I visited him in Chicago. He accused me of thinking I was too good for the pictures he sent me from my Chicago trip as I had not posted them anywhere. I informed him I hadn't posted them because 1. I have dial-up and 2. I have my parents old computer, it does not have enough "umph" to support uploading pictures and/or my digital camera program. I am a lame-0, I know, but it's just the way it is. It was still good talking to him though! :)

It's only 3pm and I am done with all my work. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem since I get off work at 4pm...tonight, however, I have to work until 5:30pm, soooooo....let the internet surfing begin!

P.S. I beat last year's record of when I finally took my Christmas tree down. Last year it was on Jan 11, this year? Jan 7 baby! Now, if I could just get someone to haul it downstairs for me......

No comments: