Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've been invaded

Canada is here! Yay! :) After a bit of a delay (you can't count on Amtrak to ever be on time....), we arrived safely at my apartment. Funny how you can not see someone for five years and totally just pick up right where you left off....we talked and laughed until around 2am, at which point I was told I needed to get some sleep (probably a good idea since I had to be up today at 6am), but who can sleep when you've had your second wind (or third, or fourth)? I swear there was one point where I almost wet my pants-it was around 1am, and we heard this strange noise outside, so we looked through the blinds to see what it was. Well, it was my neighbor wheeling down the trash can (why at 1am, I have no idea), he looked up right as we looked through the blinds, so he totally saw us spying on him.....good times (guess you had to be there and/or have been sleep deprived). So, I attempted to go to sleep at 2am which really didn't work so well for me and then my other neighbor was up at like 4:30 making a lot of freakin noise and slamming doors etc, etc, etc. And someone was cooking too because the smell of whatever it was filled my apartment...yuck. Anywho, 6am rolled around before I knew it. I tried to be quiet so as to not wake up little Darin, but that apparently didn't work....as I was trying to quietly sneak down the stairs to leave, I hear "have a good day fellow ridiculously good looking person!" which scared me to death (I think I actually jumped). I feel bad that he has to fend for himself today, but a sista's gotta work! :) I'm off tomorrow so we shall have a day of fun. My boss suggested the City Museum which is ALWAYS a good time...it's supposed to snow like eight inches today though, so we will have to see what the weather brings first. He should be used to snow, he's from Canada. Right?

LIGHT SENSITIVITY GIRL ALERT: Well, her terrible condition must have been cured because she is no longer wearing the sunglasses and hoodie in the office. Nope, now we have a new issue......she apparently has a stalker (yes, that's right). But don't worry, he's been caught and is now in jail....THANK GOD.....Just when I thought she couldn't get any crazier....you miss this stuff, don't you Heidi???? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
i need your address.
lizard

KD said...

why, you sending me a present? HA! :) its 7168 Jamieson Apt A; STL MO 63109. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking back, I see the first mistake was using a plan hatched by good old Todder. I still find it amusing that every time I woke up from a nap . . . we were stationary.

KD said...

uh yea....many of Todd's "plans" didn't work out....

Heidi said...

Next she will be pregnant. Perhaps raped by her stalker and needing to miss work for DNA testing. Drama anyone???

KD said...

Heidi-I am NOT betting against that...she is currently out having surgery for her "light sensitivity" disorder". Allison now calls her "The Unabomber". I'll keep ya posted on the drama... :)