Thursday, October 04, 2007

You know me so well

So, my boss came up to me this morning and said "when I saw the score of the Cubs game, I thought to myself-great, not only is Kerri going to be tired, but she's gonna be crabby too". Ah, Mizz Tullman, you know me so well. Actually, I AM tired, not so much crabby, but I do have a headache.

Yes, my Cubbies lost Game 1, 1-3, but never fear, Ted Lilly is here ( isn't he a cutie?). I have faith in him pitching a great game tonight. But let me tell ya, the offense needs to get in gear (do you hear me Soriano, Ramirez and Lee? I'm talkin' to YOU!). Zambrano was amazing last night, the bullpen? Not so much. Eh, Marmol is still fabulous, just not last night and it cost them big time. I will still be up late tonight cheering on my boys!

Ugh, I am sick. It's yet ANOTHER food day at work today, this time it is to celebrate Jeff's birthday (I think he's like 80 or something but doesn't look a day over 29). We have quite a feast, let me tell ya. Since our team's motto is "I Like Cheese" (please don't ask, it is such a long story...actually, I'm not sure how it started, just know that it is said aloud roughly 700 times a day), Mikey and Amy made Mama Tinnin's cheese dip (yum), there are pies, cakes, potato casserole, deviled eggs (not my famous ones but still very good!). In honor of Jeff's typical dish he brings-meatballs (AKA "Jeff's Famous Balls"), I decided to make the meatballs this time......from scratch. Yes, that's right, good ol' KD was actually in the kitchen, I turned on the stove and everything! Such a big girl! I wasn't sure about the sauce the recipe called for (ketchup, mustard and brown sugar), but I fried up the balls, threw them in the sauce and called it a day. For some reason, Jeff threw pineapple juice in them today (he swears by the liquid), in any event, the balls are reportedly good, even our director Brett said so! I need a nap now from carb overload. That and the fact that I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night are both contributing factors.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go D-BACKS!!!

KD said...

you are the DEVIL!