Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My love affair with Wayne Newton is over

Ah, Wayne, parting is such sweet sorrow....our love affair is over before it began. Yes, my love, Wayne "Muppet" Newton got voted off of Dancing With The Stars tonight. So sad, so sad. Oh well, moving on......So, I don't think I have mentioned this. You know I am a Biggest Loser addict and that I cry every week, right? Ok, well first of all, I didn't cry once this week (heartless bitch!) and second of all, have I ever mentioned that one of the trainers on that show, Bob Harper, is H-O-T? I wanna be on his team! I think he may bat for Mike's team, but still....mama like.

So, I put my Big Girl pants on today and went shopping for a decent pair of jogging shoes. Now that I have been jogging/walking consistently for SIX MONTHS now (damn, you'd think I'd be thin as a rail and you'd think WRONG), I thought it was time. I went to this place call the Running Center, it came highly recommended by several runners that I know, so I decided to give it a try. I loved them. The owner was my own personal shopper (ok, maybe it's just because the other employees were busy with other customers, but whatever....), he made me walk and jog, and do all these leg lifts. He declared me to have "a good arch" (uh, what? Is that a good thing?). My official tennis shoe size? A whopping SIX. Uh, midget feet, anyone? Yea, so, I tried on a few pair and he made me go outside and jog in each of them to see how they felt. I finally decided on a pair and can't wait to try them out-I couldn't tonight because I got home after dark, this single gal is NOT jogging in the city, alone, after dark. Not wise.

No time to blog during the day today (WHAT? You mean I actually had to work while I was....at work? Unheard of!). I nearly lost my mind with frustration today as one of our databases shut down. Not so bad you're thinking, right? Well it is if EVERY one of your cases is in that database. I was ready to call it a day around 1pm and get my happy hour started early (I didn't, but I wanted to). Long story short, the computers finally started working and all was right in the world....at least until tomorrow!

No comments: