Sunday, October 28, 2007

0-8 is GREAT!

Ah, the St. Louis Rams. They are so horrible that, today, IN THEIR HOME STADIUM MIND YOU, they were the underdogs. And with good reason. Yes, today they lost to the Browns to make their stellar 2007 record 0-8. I think that's hot. I say, why not go for the whole 0-16 and get yourself the first round draft pick for next year, huh? May as well get something out of your crappiness.....

So, our annual Halloween outing was last night. As you all know, Halloween is my favorite and my girls and I love to celebrate it every year. We always dress as a group (in previous years we have been a teenage slumber party, witches, pirates and hoosier Blues fans). This year? We went as campers-from the 1970's. I don't know how authentically 1970's we were, but let me tell you, we got a LOT of comments and compliments about our costumes. That's all we ask. I actually called my mom yesterday-I figured since she was alive in the '70's that she'd remember what people looked like back then. She told me we were gonna need polyester, bellbottoms, long nails, lots of blue eye shadow and Cleopatra eyes (I was thinking that I was gonna have to channel Cher circa 1973)-my mom said, and I quote "basically you need to look like a whore". Ok, now that is the second time in a week that my mother has used the word "whore". I'm starting to get concerned........There were six of us involved in this year's plans (me, Carrie, Val, Robin and Boogie and Big Bastard-the husbands). Carrie made our t-shirts....I know this is a family show, so close your eyes....the name of our camp? Camp Wannahumpalotta. Cute, huh? I think it was a concept dreamt up years ago in a drunken stupor and this year we decided to bring it to life. Us gals even had cutesy names: Biffy, Buffy, Miffy and Muffy. I was Miffy. The husbands had very integral roles-Boogie (Carrie's hubby) was our Camp Director-he had on some seriously hideous plaid shorts....and a whistle (which, by the end of the night, I wanted to strangle someone with). Big Bastard (Val's hubby) was our Activities Director-he had on some old short cutoff Levi's that left very little to the imagination, and the greatest afro wig I had ever seen-complete with a workout sweat band around it. I decided I was in love with him last night-he looked so hot. Jimmy (Rob's hubby), always the independent Halloween costumer (he is a master with the Halloween makeup), was a mummy/Jester-guy-person-thingy. I'm not too sure what he was, really, but he looked way awesome if not a little creepy.

We typically hang out in the CWE (Central West End for those not in the STL) for Halloween, but prior to that, this year, we went to the roller derby. Yes, that's right, the roller derby. We met up with some of Jimmy's friends (his friend Paul was the ugliest geisha I had ever seen....) to watch a bunch of chicks skate around a rink and beat the crap out of each other....at least that's what we were hoping to see....there wasn't much beating each other up-it was mostly just skating around....I never did figure out the concept of the game....maybe that's because I was eating jello shots like my life depended on it. We brought with us dozens of jello shots, each of us gals carried them in our plastic pumpkins and handed them out to strangers...they were a big hit!

After the roller derby madness, we finally headed down to the CWE to meet up with........Polster???? Yes, that's right, he had messaged me on MySpace to see if I was going out, I informed him we'd be hitting the CWE and he decided to meet up with us after the Blues game (who actually know how to win, unlike our Rams!). We met up at Bar Italia where I fed him and his friend jello shots (ok, I didn't literally feed him....). We had some beer and some laughs and some good times before they had to head out to Harrah's (I can't remember why, but I got a 2:30am text message from Polster informing me he had won $100-nice work!). After Bar Italia, we used our connections to sneak in to Mandarin. Mandarin is a club. A place you won't usually find me. It is full of beautiful, skinny people-not my speed. But, hey, Jonathan's girlfriend got us in for free, so I couldn't complain too much. There, we gave jello shots to the beautiful skinny people, although as they took them from our plastic pumpkins, some would ask "there aren't any drugs in them, are there?". We told some dude that every third one had acid in it, to which he replied "cool". I mean, there was probably a bowl full of Ecstasy tablets in the bathroom anyway.....

We were over the club scene pretty quickly, so we decided to end the night at one of our favorite late night places-Uncle Bill's on Kingshighway. Nothing like greasy breakfast food at 2am! It kicked my ass it was so awesome. Today, I woke up MUCH later than I planned and was pretty much a lump of crap for a big portion of the afternoon. I did manage to get my 2.5 mile walk/jog in and now here I am, blogging for you. I am hoping to go over to my friend Renee's house later. Our friend Matt is in town from Florida-I haven't seen him in quite some time, so I'm hoping to be able to hook up with them later. Other than that, my weekend is about over....again. Why is is always almost Monday????

Happy 32nd Birthday today to my friend Christi! Shit-are we really already that old?????? Where did the time go? Anyway, girl, I hope you have a GREAT birthday. I love you and am so glad that we are all going to get together soon (I seriously thought Mike D had fallen off the face of the Earth!). Tell your family I said hi and I will see you, Mike and Lori and Mike D soon!!!!!

No comments: