Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finally!



Finally, it feels like October outside! It was 47 degrees as I drove in to work today-that's more like it! That's why I love this month, I love the feel of fall and really prefer fall fashions over summer...LOVE IT! Of course, I'm going to Dallas next week where it will probably be like 90 degrees, but whatever.

Hey Canada-so last night at the crisis line, I got to talk to two different Canadians-one in BC and the other in Ontario. As I hung up with the second one, I said to my friend Allison, "those Canadians sure are a nice people", to which she said "how is your Canadian?". I told her my Canadian was fine and my supervisor JuJuane said "who's your Canadian?". And I said, "Canada", and she said "what?". Funny, huh? Ok, guess you had to be there.........

Ah, last night at the crisis line, we bonded over our love of reality/trash tv (yea, it was a slow night, ok?). I informed JuJuane that now that she will be working normal people hours (she starts at United with me on Monday! Yay!), she will be able to catch up on all her guilty pleasures (Ugly Betty, Dancing With The Stars, I love New York 2-you know, the good stuff), she was very excited about this (like me, she has worked that dreaded 3-11 shift for many years!). It's time for normalcy. I do believe my co-worker Kimly takes the cake though for tv junkie-there isn't a show that girl doesn't watch! I found new respect for her when she confessed last night that she too watched Rock of Love.....and agreed with me that those chicks were skanktastic.

I am instantly in a good mood today due to the cool weather. Granted, I woke up with a headache and am all congested, but I don't care-it's fall, baby! :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely get funny looks when people find out my nickname in University was "Canada". I guess you had to be there in the 'Burg to understand.

KD said...

Yea, you definitely had to be there.....would it weird you out if I started calling you Darin?

Anonymous said...

For a while I thought it was strange to have people from the good ole Central days still call me "Canada", but the last time I was down in Missouri Cheryl called me "Darin" and it was very disorienting. In e-mails it's ok, but to hear the actual voice say it is very weird.

KD said...

you'll always be Canada to me! :)Even when we're 100 years old....

Anonymous said...

There was always that weird situation dating people in Missouri because they would know me as "Canada" and then there was the awkward transition to "Darin" but they would still have to refer to me as "Canada" to everyone else.

KD said...

and I'm sure that came up a lot, because you were, uh, I mean are, quite the stud........Darin.

Anonymous said...

You just remember to tell that to our son.

KD said...

don't worry, i will. he's already taking after his daddy.....

Anonymous said...

How's that???

KD said...

you know, by being really, really ridiculously good looking....granted, it's in his genes, he can't help it....he, too, will know the pain of being one of the beautiful people....

Anonymous said...

That's good . . . but I was hoping you also meant with the sarcasm and flushing stuffed dolphins down the toilet.

KD said...

but of course! the sarcasm is a given...i will break him of the stuffed animal torture, however. we don't want him to end up being a serial killer, now do we?

Anonymous said...

So now I'm a serial killer???

KD said...

dude, i don't know what you're doing up there in the Great White North....i sure hope you're not, that would be weird being friends w/a serial killer...

Anonymous said...

YOU are the one who said that flushing stuffed dolphins makes someone become a serial killer. I was just trying to get your dolphin back to the sea the quickest way I could think of. You're the one who assumed it was evil.

KD said...

oh sure, play the role of hero....i'm sorry canada, you're right, i'm wrong. how can i ever make it up to you??????

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, much like being one of the beautiful people, being a hero is not something I choose to do . . . it's just the way I am.

KD said...

it's your cross to bear....i strive to be more canada-like, but i just can't seem to pull it off....