Friday, October 12, 2007

Self-esteem crisis

Oh, low self-esteem, rearing it's ugly head again (I'm not sure why, since I am one of the ridiculously good-looking people of the world like my dear friend Canada). Am I hormonal today, or what? What is the deal? Ok, so I was at the QuikTrip today (as per usual at 7am on a weekday) and as I was walking through the place, I kept wondering "why are all these dudes looking at me?". Did I assume it was because I am having a fabulous hair day? No. I assumed it was because they thought I was hideously fat. I became quite anxious at that point, assumed they were all staring at my big, fat ass and couldn't wait to get the hell outta there. Yes, I know, I have issues. Therapy, anyone? :)

Ok, so has everyone heard that Elliott Yamin song, "Wait For You"? You know, the dude from American Idol a couple of years ago. Anyway, is it just me, or does the voice totally not match the dude? I mean his voice is rather R&B-esque, doesn't sound like it should be coming from a white Jewish dude. Ok, maybe it's just me.....

The end of today can't get here fast enough. I'm ready for the weekend to begin. But first, I must wade through fifteen cases (a lot) and save some mental health lives (one person at a time). My shift at the crisis line wore me out a bit last night, stick a fork in me because I am definitely almost done. I do get to see my friend Sharon tonight. I think it's been about a year and a half since I've seen her last-thats a long time. I can't wait! Tomorrow is Stocktoberfest. If you weren't invited, then you just aren't cool-that's the word on the street anyway. It's the Party of the Year.

Why does the calendar say it's Columbus Day today? Wasn't it Monday? I'm confused. Why does that guy get TWO days? Was he really that important? I mean, all he did was discover America.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the toughest parts about being so ridiculously good looking is coming to terms with the fact that we don't fit in with the rank and file.

KD said...

it's true, Canada, so true....wish u were here to endure this with me...it's tough dealing w/it by myself.....