Monday, October 01, 2007

The 2007 NL Central Champion Chicago Cubs!

OMG, I could not possibly be any more excited! My Cubbies are in the playoffs y'all! I was so excited on Friday when they clinched, I swear I almost peed my pants. I didn't realize they could clinch that day, I got home from happy hour that night to hear that they had won and that if the nasty Brewers lost it was post season city baby! So, of course, I had to tune in to the Brewers game to cheer on the Padres and sure enough, the Brew Crew blew it! I then spent roughly the next hour and a half watching WGN-they were interviewing fans in Wrigleyville (drunk and crazy) and also showing footage of the team in the locker room, spraying each other with champagne and beer-it was a beautiful sight.

I must admit, I got a little teary eyed. It was so awesome to see them so excited. Kinda got chills. So, they are taking on the D'backs on Wednesday-they love playing in Arizona, after all, it is where their spring training is! Bring it D'backs! :) Sorry for those of you that hoped and prayed the end of the baseball season would bring an end to my Cubs posts....it's only the beginning my friends! Sorry, you may want to tune out the month of October, because now I'm gonna be REAL obnoxious.... :)

So, had a good weekend. Spent a very interesting friday night at Wal-Mart (enough about that, suffice it to say it was fun), Saturday I had brunch with my sis and Jon-they were in town for Jon's 10 year high school reunion (which we later crashed). I got my hair did (new cut, new color-looks fabulous!), ran some errands, watched the NL Central champs play the Reds-you know, typical Saturday stuff. That night, Erin and I and Red's friends crashed Jon's reunion. It was at Bar Louie, a public place, so we thought why not? My sister was three martini's in to the night when we got there, which is always entertaining.... :) We had lots of fun, thanks soooooooo much to Polster for bringing us free beer-that rocked! The best part of the night was when these two dudes came to our table to chat (I mean, a table full of hot ladies? DUH! Of course they stopped by....). When they asked what brought us out, one of the girls said "a high school reunion". And do you know what one of those dudes said back? "Oh, how many years? Fifteen?". Fifteen????? The look on our faces were of pure shock. My sister (now nearly four martini's in to the night), was about to choke on her drink and the look on her friend Kathy's face could have killed (and Kathy is nice to everyone!). Then this big mouth boy proceeds to tell us about how he just had his FIVE year reunion....uh, yea...next, please! Did yet another brunch yesterday at the sculpture park (such a nice day to be outside!!!), ran some more errands, took a little nap (those allergies and allergy meds are kicking my ass!), and then I watched two hours of Baseball Tonight. I had to see who they were predicting would win the World Series-most were on the Yankee's bandwagon (gross), some on the Phillies bandwagon (their story is amazing, but still-gross). One dude did predict a Cubs/Red Sox World Series but would not predict a winner (wuss). A few felt the Cubs were the team to beat in the NL-I'd rather they be the underdogs and fly in under the radar, but that's just me.


Ok, gotta go, I gotta order my 2007 NL Central Champions t-shirt!

P.S. Could the Rams possibly suck any more?

No comments: