Friday, October 19, 2007

The Lonestar State-Day 1

Well, guess I'm blogging after all! I'm sitting here at my sister's house, dog sitting my niece Chloe (who is currently chewing on a bone and staring out the window) so I thought I'd comment on my trip thus far.

Ok, so after Amy dropped me off at the airport yesterday afternoon, I breezed through all the security check points-I had all my lip gloss in a baggie, no liquids in my carry-on, I know how to roll with the FAA baby! Once I got to my gate, I realized I had over an hour to kill, so I walked around the airport (may as well get a little exercise in, right?), bought a book, bought some Diet Coke (after I searched endlessly for Diet Dr Pepper and came up empty). Once we boarded the plane, things didn't start well. It was raining in The Lou and windy, so as we sat there waiting for everyone to get on, the plane was rocking. That little bit of motion was about to make me hurl, and I had no drammamine with me. Not a good sign. We managed to take off without incident and even got to see the most fabulous rainbow after it stopped raining...I took pictures, and if I was cool enough, I'd post them, but I didn't bring my camera-pluggy-in-thingy, so I can't. Deal with it. MIKE-I managed to find you a Big Gay Flight Attendant. I don't think he could have fit in my carry-on, however, so I will keep looking for you, I promise. Ok, so this is on an hour and a half flight, right? Well, of course it would be my luck that we have a SCREAMING BABY on the flight with us....for the ENTIRE time. Even my iPod couldn't drown out this kid. Ugh-the poor dad looked frazzled-he was traveling alone with this darling tot, I kinda felt bad for him, but at the same time, I wanted to shove one of my pretzel sticks in the kid's mouth so he'd shut up......anyway, I arrived in Dallas safely...met up with my sister in the bathroom by the baggage claim (somehow, I just knew she'd be in there-and she was!), we went to dinner at this place called something I already forgot (hey Red, was the food tex-mex or just mex?), we met up with her friend from high school, Kimberly (from Salem to Dallas ten years later-too funny!), had some yummy drinks-The Swirl (a mix of margarita and sangria-YUM!), went back to my sister's GORGEOUS house. It is a house I could only dream of living in, I love it!

So now, here I am with Miss Chloe. She did give me a 5:55am wake up call this morning and came in the room with me for good when my sister left for work (I vaguely remember mumbling that it was ok to leave her in there)-she kept jumping on me and wanted to play. I figured if I tried to play dead she'd leave me alone....uh, not so much. That's one smart dog! Anywho.....so later today I have to pick up my brother-in-law Jon from DFW airport-uh, that place is bigger than all of St. Louis, I swear! Luckily, prior to that, I am having lunch with Rich E (formerly married to my aunt, but we have remained close to him and he lives like 10 minutes away from my sis now!) and he is going to assist me with this airport nonsense. We'll get ya Jon! Mom and dad should be on the road as we speak, they left Salem around 6am today, should be arriving in The Big D later in the afternoon. Ah, Davidson family fun! :) Perhaps I'll be able to keep you up-to-date on the latest happenings during this trip, at the very least I'm entertained by it....I miss everyone in STL, I'm gonna come back with even bigger hair and an even worse country twang....YEE HAW!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

OH yay! I thought we would be without you for the duration of your vacay.

Last time I went through DFW was when I was 5 mos prego for a conference. I think I peed in every bathroom they have there.

Have fun w/ the family. tell your sis "hi".

Anonymous said...

kerri dfw is one of the easiest airports to pick someone up from, you'll do fine
lizard