Sunday, October 07, 2007

There's always next year...oh wait, have you heard that one before?

Ok, get it out of your system now because after today, I'm done talking about it. I'm talkin' bout the Cubs suck, the Cubs will never win, the Billy Goat strikes again talk. Yes, the Cubs got swept. Yes, it has now officially been 99 years since they've won the World Series, and yes, they looked like a bunch of a-holes out there playing. There is one thing you must remember-at least they MADE THE PLAYOFFS. How many other teams can say that, hmmmmm reigning World Series Champions???? That's what I thought. Yes, the Cubs have broken my heart once again, a collective sigh was heard amongst the Cubs faithful yesterday. Yet another year of getting our hopes up only to have them come crashing down. You gotta admit though, it makes for a good marketing campaign next year-the 100 year anniversary? Genius! It's gonna make those Loveable Losers more popular than ever! I will stop the Cubs talk for now....until around February anyway-around then I will be gearing up for me and Ern's annual trip to spring training with renewed hope for the team that I will love no matter what. GO CUBS! And F the D'backs (who, by the way, are gonna win the World Series this year).

So, how was your weekend? Mine went waaaaay too fast, I must say. Friday night I went to my friend Tanya's for her housewarming party. The condo is very cute and I LOVE Tanya's sister-she's a diehard Cubs fan-how could I not? Saturday started early. Way too early. Mikey picked me up at 8:30AM (that's in the morning, in case you're counting), and we met up with about 20 others to head out to the wineries in Hermann. We took a bus (with stars on the outside-how could it not be fun?) and headed off to Stone Hill. I'm not much of a wine drinker (mainly because after like two glasses I'm eight sheets to the wind.....), but I had a lot of fun. Mike and I compromised on a bottle to split (I like sweet, he likes dry). My favorite part was when our wine taster guy suggested we try one of their "romantic" wines to which Mikey started laughing and said "you're barking up the wrong tree". Ah, Mikey, you know you love me! :) The ride home was fun, complete with some impromtu dancing in the aisles of the bus.......Today has been a chill day. I slept in, I ain't gonna lie, then ran some errands, met my new neighbor (it's me and three old dudes in this four family building......uh, yea, why couldn't it have been some hot dude move in? Is that too much to ask?). I went jogging today, rented some movies, and here we are, now I'm blogging. And now I'm done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister loved you too!!!!