Friday, October 26, 2007

Where in the hell are the marshmallows/How many girls does it take to change a light bulb?

Why does everyone become retarded when it rains in St. Louis? Can anyone answer that question for me? I mean, seriously. I saw three people run red lights this morning, I saw another car swerving in/out of lanes with no turn signal. I mean, the nerve! I wouldn't have cared except they were all IN MY WAY. Get it together people!

Ok, so, I stopped by the grocery store today on my way home from work. I had only three items on my shopping list: marshmallows, Malibu rum (don't ask, it involves blue jello shots...) and light bulbs. Pretty simple task, right? Well, for most people it would be. But not for this girl, oh no, this girl couldn't find the effing marshmallows. It's not like there is a marshmallow aisle or anything. So, I first went to the aisle I thought made the most sense-the baking aisle. Yea, nope not there. So then I quickly ruled out all the aisles I thought they couldn't possibly be in (the Mexican aisle? I don't think so.). Well, turns out, the damn things ARE in one of the aisles I had ruled out and are on the bottom shelf. So not user friendly, Schnucks!!!! I had some difficulty finding the light bulbs too but by God, I found the Malibu rum right away....

So, how many girls does it take to change a light bulb? Good question. Ok, so two nights ago, my bathroom light went out. No biggie-I have new bulbs in the closet, I'll change it, life will go on, right? Wrong. The new effing bulb didn't work either. Ok, now, I'm pretty sure I know how to screw the light bulb in, I mean, after all, it ain't rocket science. I even experimented with the new light bulb and put it in a lamp and it worked just fun. Ok, so I'm thinking-it's an old apartment, I know my landlord has told me before you may have to trip the circuit breaker. Again, I can handle this-I marched down to the basement last night, tripped it, came back upstairs and nothing. On top of that, I had to freakin re-set everything! NOT my week...

So today I called my landlord. Here is an excerpt:

KD: Uh, so this may sound like a dumb girl question, but I changed my bathroom light and it still isn't working (that really wasn't a question so much as a statement, was it?).

Dennis The Landlord: What do you mean it's not working?

KD: Yea, it won't turn on.

Dennis: Did you try resetting it?

KD: Yes

Dennis: Did you try another light bulb?

KD: Yes

Dennis: Try hitting the test button on the outlet and try it again, then call me back.

KD: Ok

So, in my own head I'm thinking-maybe it just hates that brand of light bulbs, so while at the store, I picked up some real fancy Schnucks brand bulbs (at 4 for a $1.00 you really couldn't beat it!), got home, put the Schnucks light bulb in and....VOILA! We have light! Now, I don't know WTF was wrong with the other ones, and I really don't care because I have light in the bathroom again and now don't have to get ready in the dark....

If you didn't already love me, you'd think I was the most retarded girl on Earth, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I have a problem Kerri . . .

I already love you AND I think you are the most retarded girl on Earth.

KD said...

ah, Canada, that must be why we get along so well-we are two peas in a pod! :)