Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally, some productivity!

Well, after my last post yesterday, I decided to do something productive. Something I really don't have time to do otherwise. Yes, that's right, I rearranged my closet. Some of you may be saying "big deal". Well, let me ask you this-have you seen my closet? No? I didn't think so. Let me tell you about it-first of all, I live in an old building in the city, closet space was at a premium in the 1950's apparently. Anyway, so my closet is big enough to hold rougly 3 shirts and a pair of shoes. Exaggerating a bit, but you get the point. So, in order to complete this grandiose project, I decided I needed some help, so I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought some storage containers, including one that fits under the bed (genius!). Then, when I got home I literally pulled every article of clothing/shoe that I own and put them in piles on the floor. Oh, it looked like a bomb went off, it was a little scary. So, I first set about organizing each pile by type of clothing item and by season. Then, I took all my summery shoes, threw them in the under bed box and filed 'em away! Then I decided what clothes I was tossing. The rule? If you haven't worn it in the last year, you ain't gonna-so get rid of it! So, I did. And now? The closet looks awesome. There are still a few items that don't really fit, I am awaiting the arrival of my new dresser from Ikea to solve that little problem (can't get it here until after Thanksgiving, however, because it is at my parents house...not to mention once I get it here, I will have to put it together myself-that's the beauty of Ikea!). I also completed all my laundry yesterday, did some dishes, took out the trash, and walked 2.5 miles. Look at me being all domestic and stuff. Impressive, huh?

So, totally glad that Mark Cuban FINALLY got voted off Dancing With The Stars. It was about damn time. But again, like when Wayne "Muppet" Newton left, I found there was an entertainment hole. Who will creep me out now? I can't decide who my favorite is at this time, I really like Cameron but I don't think he'll win....he IS hot though...

So, today is my last lounging day before I head back to work tomorrow. Actually, I have to work at the crisis line from 5-9 tonight, so I really only have a few hours of freedom left. That's ok though, I'm ready to get back. My precious Mikey texted me today to tell me he missed me. AWWWWWW! I miss you too Mike! Tomorrow, the tag team duo will be back together again! Watch out world!

No comments: