Monday, October 08, 2007

Why is it always Monday?

Every time I turn around, it's Monday again. What is up with that? Anyway.....so today's rant is about something that really should annoy all of you. Yes, I'm talking about those giant blow up things that people put in their yards around the holidays (see above). WTF? Ok, I'm fine with like maybe one in your yard (maybe) but to have like seven? I don't think so. My rant is prompted by this house I drove by today on my way to work (granted it was in the heart of south city, so perhaps it was appropriate). There were seriously like seven giant blow up things in their yard, including a giant halloween Tigger, a ghost and a giant pumpkin. WHY? Never fear, Thanksgiving is around the corner, time for giant turkeys and pilgrims. Maybe I can find a giant replica of the Mayflower to put in my yard...gonna go check eBay right now.....

So, it's Columbus Day today. Why are we not off work? Was Columbus not important to America? I think we should celebrate his importance by not working.....

One Cubs note-I want to thank all my REAL friends who sent me their condolences following the Cubs epic loss this weekend. Friends who understand the pain and suffereing I have to deal with on a daily basis being a Cubs fan.....you guys ROCK!

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for sports entertainment right now. The Blues have some promise, but at 1-1, it's too early to tell. The Rams are well on their way to an 0-16 season now that they are 0-5. That's hot. Think it's time I took up NASCAR? Or maybe midget wrestling? How bout cricket?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed Kerri . . .

You should not have been given the day off because it was Columbus Day, you should have been given the day off because it was Canadian Thanksgiving.

KD said...

OMG, Canada you're right. And I ALWAYS remember the Canadian holidays...in my defense, I have a meeting written on my calendar and it is written over the holidays so they are hard to read...don't worry, I'll be prepared for Rememberance Day on Nov 11 (what is Rememberance Day for, anyway?)

Anonymous said...

Excuses, excuses . . .

Remembrance Day is what you American's call Veteran's Day. It is in honour of WWI ending on November 11 and leading up to that day Canadians wear little plastic poppy pins in tribute of soldiers who sacrificed for our freedom.

KD said...

how cute! :)