Friday, March 02, 2007

impromtu happy hour....or hours, whatever

Fairly uneventful day. I was really, really hyper today. Must have been the dark chocolate M&M's mixed with Diet Coke....I think at this point, I am just gonna give the church my entire paycheck. The bad words just keep coming out of my mouth. I can't control it. I need help. I think I'm up to $13 for the church now. Maybe Atonement will dedicate a new wing to me since I will be single-handedly funding it.....

So excited-we leave for Phoenix on Wednesday. I can't wait. I really wanna get out of here, not have to work for a week and just relax. Oh yea, and I get to see my Cubs!!!!! We are going to two Spring Training games-we're gonna see them play the Brewers and the Padres. We're staying in downtown Phoenix, so I'm sure we'll do plenty of going out at night.....and flirting with cute boys, of course! You know I'm a sucker for cute boys....It is supposed to be in the '80's next week in Phoenix, this means I gotta dig out my summery clothes. I sure hope they still fit.......

So at about 3:30 this afternoon I decided I wanted to go out tonight. My friend Sarah must have been thinking the same thing because she emailed me and said "I want a beer". Thus, we went out and drank some beer. And then we drank some more......and some more....somehow, we ended up at Gitto's (you KNOW that's my favorite place!) with these two guys that followed us there from the first bar we were at. Ok, I'm not trying to be a biatch here, but I was SO not feelin' the guy I was apparently paired up with. He was nice and all, but, uh....no. Broker-words can't even explain. They can't even explain. Need a Tums??????? I did meet a really nice guy. We'll call him R. We sat and talked for a long time and really kinda hit it off (and he loves karaoke-except he's actually good....). Yes, folks, write it down............we exchanged numbers. Isn't that exciting? I actually really hope he calls. I was kinda diggin' him (and that was not the alcohol talking, I had stopped drinking way, way earlier in the night). So, I guess we'll see, huh? He has a Harley-that's all I'm saying....I know, I know, but he's a biker that also drives an Infinity.....and is a general manager at a local restaurant. And he's nice. And really, of all the things, the fact that he's nice is what I like the most.......so we shall see! Ol' KD is back in the game, baby! :)

3 comments:

Broker said...

I would like to add a few things . . . first of all, I found it very funny that the pickup line "Hey, aren't you Stephanie?" didn't work, but the "Do you want a Tums?" line apparently got us talking enough to provide our company/entertainment for the evening. Also, the dude I was chatting with would give a different name for himself every time he met someone. If I hadn't seen his driver's license, I wouldn't know his real name. His "best friend" at the beginning of the night ended up being some guy that is at Babe's at the same time, so that was a little weird when Steve just up and left. Tim or Tom or Jeff or Matt didn't seem worried at all . . . of course not - he doesn't know the guy! Ha! Kerri - you also left out the "Are you two sisters?" and that our new names are Summer and Autumn!! GOOD TIMES. It was another lovely evening with you . . . I had a blast!

Broker said...

Ooops - even I forgot about the start of the evening when a man was getting a sobriety test in the McDonald's parking lot at a whopping 6:30 pm!! AND - Matt - the guy at Babes whose hand was jacked up for a drinking and driving car accident who proceeded to do shots of Tequila while drinking Crown on the rocks. Crazy! After spitting in my face while trying to have a conversation, he finally left.

KD said...

OMG, yes, I did forget all that....I mean come on, I finished typing all that at 3am! Wow...what was that guys name that you were talking to anyway? And I kinda figured he and that other dude didn't really know each other...such RANDOM, good times, I swear...maybe we shouldn't be allowed to go out together Broker! I swear! I had fun though, see...ALWAYS a good time at Gitto's! And I want to give a shout out to the Singing Bouncer. He rocks my world.... :)