Monday, March 05, 2007

Crap just keeps happening

I just heard that my favoritest teacher in the whole wide world, Mrs. Sullivan, has breast cancer. It has spread to her lymph nodes, which I know is not good. She is having surgery today. Please pray for her, even if you don't know her. Mrs. Sullivan was my 3rd grade teacher. She was the best. She always encouraged me and told me how smart and capable I was. I rocked the multiplication tables race in 3rd grade thanks to her (ironically, that was the last time I was good at math....). She would always write on my report cards: "Kerri is an excellent student but tends to socialize a bit too much". What?????? Me??????? No way....she is awesome though. I would definitely consider her one of my heroes-she is a great teacher who really helps instill self-esteem and confidence in a child. She is one of the good guys. I still see her periodically when I'm in Salem and she always asks how I'm doing and what I'm up to and still tells me how proud of me she is. She is such a great lady, I just hope and pray that the surgery works and she is well on the road to recovery. I'm thinking of you, Mrs. Sullivan!!!!!!!!!

No comments: