Thursday, March 01, 2007

coyotes and tumbleweeds

This is why I love my mother. Here is a sample of an email conversation my mom and I had today. It had me laughing out loud, seriously. It started with me confirming that my parents did not die in a tornado this morning and that I was glad I would not have to deal with this crazy weather when I go to Phoenix next week. Then...........

MOM: Yeah – but you could have a sand storm
ME: don't tell me that!!!! :) i could get heat stroke too...or a sunburn....the possiblities are endless......
MOM: And don’t forget the tumbleweeds. They can kill you!
ME: yep, hit ya right upside the head. terribly dangerous.
MOM: Do not underestimate the power of the tumbleweed my friend.

Mom then tells me she is proud of me even though I'm a Cubs fan....
ME: thanks for loving me even if i am a cubs fan. thats very big of you. i'm gonna bring you a souvenir tumbleweed......
MOM: I hope you do. I promise to take very good care of it. I may even name it!
ME: i suggest naming it Sid.
MOM: I’m kinda partial to Lou
ME: Lou it is. i want to get some fish and name them sid and nancy.....
MOM: Well you won’t be getting them in Phoenix. They have become extinct there from – you guessed it – tumbleweeds. Very, very sad. What’s next – coyotes?
ME: did u just say that u want a pet coyote? well, i'll see what i can do but i'm pretty sure the FAA will not allow a coyote on an airplane......
MOM: Darn – that’s just my luck L Actually I was referring to the tumbleweeds doing in the Arizona coyotes. Hey – it could happen.
ME: just how big ARE these tumbleweeds anyway???? i'm scared....
MOM: You just don’t want to know.

Clearly, we are insane. Oh, by the way, I now owe the church $9. Make that $11. God is laughing at me.

1 comment:

KD said...

LIZZARD! Will I get to see you when you are in STL? How many crazy Cahill's will there be in the parade? Let me know! I will be around during the day, maybe I'll have to go down to the parade and meet up w/ya! I miss u too!