Friday, February 29, 2008

I don't look good in polyester

Ok, so apparently my office is moving in May.....right across the street. I mean, if we are gonna go through the trouble of moving offices, couldn't we at least move AWAY from the landfill? Seriously, people! Anywho...we received word today that the new building we are moving to (apparently known as "The Commons") is apparently run by a bunch of elitist snobs who insist on formal attire as the dress code. KD is already not digging it. Now, our VP (in an attempt to be funny), informed us that in the olden times, this would mean suits for the men and dresses for the women. Uh, I don't think so. Somehow this has stemmed into lengthy conversations about having to wear company issued polyester dresses every day at work. Have you not heard KD's Rules of Dress Wearing? KD only wears dresses on two occasions: 1. weddings and 2. funerals. Note that "going to work" is not on that list of approved times in which donning a dress is appropriate. Who do I need to talk to about this? I told my boss today that if this goes into effect I will be looking for a new job...she just looked at me and told me to go sit down......I did go sit down but I'm telling you now, I'm not going down without a fight!!!!! Power to the people!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's why i love my job, it's actually against the policy to wear a dress! scrubs anyone?
miss you, i'm trying to convice my husband to work for boeing in stl, wouldn't that be awesome. aunt kerri could come over and visit all the time.
lizard

KD said...

OMG Lizzard, that would be the GREATEST THING EVER if you lived here!!!!Aunt Kerri would SOOOO come over and visit!!!! (and take mommy out for Girls Nite Out....)