Thursday, February 28, 2008

Watch out, party people!

KD is drinking a frappuccino, y'all. Consider yourselves warned. I'm about to get shaky-crazy-hyper. Good times. Feeling sleepy this morning for reasons unknown since I got plenty of sleep last night. Mikey lured me down to the cafeteria with him this morning and the Starbucks mocha frapp was calling my name....my poor Mikey is not functioning well today, poor little boo boo. He needed my assistance as he can't even form proper sentences today.

So the crisis line ended up not being so bad last night. Started off really busy, which I totally wasn't down for, but quickly evened out. Then I got to attend a training for the last hour of my shift. Good thing because I really wasn't in the mood for the whiny callers I was getting (was that un-empathetic of me? I'm sorry.).

Lots of American Idol talk today here at work. I was unable to watch it last night as I was saving mental health lives, but can still participate in the AI banter. Mikey has been singing "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago all morning (true story, he asked who sang it, I told him Chicago. He then said "but I thought it was Peter Cetera. I replied with "Mike, Peter Cetera was in Chicago". He responded with an "ohhhhh"). Now Reggie is singing it-the gays in the office are out of control today!!!! I think consensus says the Rock and Roll Nurse needs to be voted off tonight. We'll see what America thinks...not sure if they will listen to a bunch of gossipy counselors, social workers and nurses here at United Healthcare.....

We have almost made it to the weekend. Note I said "almost". I still have to work the crisis line tonight, but have no major plans for tomorrow night which suits me just fine. I'm excited to see my little brother this weekend, even if it is only for a short time. I think I am gonna take him out to Grandpa's American Legion post on Sunday afternoon so we can shoot guns. No, seriously. It's the bi-annual meat shoot at Post 444, you get to shoot stuff (just targets, not people). Fun times. I went once but was too scared to actually pull the trigger, I left that to Grandpa's 85 year old girlfriend. True story. I think some pre-concert gun shooting is definitely in order for Sunday. That, and I will be at church as per my Lenten agreement with God. I will NOT be singing any psalms, however............... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what you said last week

KD said...

what did I say????

Anonymous said...

No psalm singing

KD said...

Oh yea... :) it wasn't my fault though.