Monday, February 04, 2008

BEEEEEEP!

My visit with Canada, in a word was.....fabulous. So much fun and lack of sleep packed into just a few short days! That's how we roll here in the good ol' US of A....

So after I finally got home from work on Thursday night (my drive home ended up being nearly an hour thanks to the freakin' snowstorm we were having), Canada and I went to one of my favorite places, The Tin Can (because what's classier than taking your friend from out of town to a south city bar?). We hung out there a bit then headed home where we decided a snowball fight sounded like a good idea....I'm pretty sure I lost. For some reason, we walked across the street to the park (at like midnight, while it was still snowing-we were visiting his friends, the "Canadian" geese.....get it?). We made snow angels and, to this day, I'm not sure how it happened, but mine sprouted horns...and someone else's had a halo....wtf? We even found some random strangers walking by in the park and had them judge our snow angels-they apparently were not down with the devil horns and my snow angel lost. Bastards. Well after those shenanigans, you would have thought that we would have gone to bed...you'd be wrong. We stayed up until somewhere in the neighborhood of 4:00am, mostly with Canada making fun of me related to some random things in my scrapbooks... :) In fact, for the rest of the weekend I don't think we went to bed before 4am....we're party animals like that.

So Friday we had these grandiose plans to actually leave my apartment and go out and see the sights of the STL....yea, that didn't happen. I'm not allowed to tell you what we did do all day because Canada made me promise and as I'm sure he can attest to, I ALWAYS keep my promises......right DT? :) We did make it out to a happy hour I had planned in Canada's honor with some of our old college gang. That was a great night...hanging with Christi, Mike and Lori and the elusive Mike D (who even I hadn't seen in years and he lives here!). We had a lot of fun....Mike L was wasted (which was much of our source of entertainment) and it was just great to be back with some of the peeps that I love most in the world. Definitely made ya miss the South Yeater days....and made it hard to believe that, for some of us, it has been ten years since graduation...yikes. Y'all are old!

Saturday was another lazy day (with some random texts from Mike D asking if we were gonna go to the Mardi Gras parade-another grandiose plan that formulated the night before during our little drinking episode...we should have known none of our asses were gonna be up by 10am for a freakin' parade....). I did learn that my car beeping because someone doesn't have their seatbelt on drives Canada crazy....and not in a good way. We did eventually head down to Soulard but not until later in the afternoon. We hung out with Val/John, Carrie/Steve and Robin/Jim at Carson's. There was a whole lotta drinkin' going on, a lot of dancing too (some of us-read Carrie and Val-were dancing with random cops and bouncers as well). The band was awesome, even if the lead singer was this giant man-woman (great voice though). We made an appearance at Uncle Bill's (quite possibly the greatest place ever) at like 10pm, which felt weird since normally we are there at like 3am, but whatever.

There are some parts of the weekend I'm not talking about on this blog (yes, there are some things I don't talk about! Shocking, I know). I can tell you this....I am having some major Canada withdrawals today and taking him to the airport yesterday totally sucked....that and I am totally down for another Canadian Invasion....how bout tomorrow? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made my international venison smuggling operation sound so sinister by going the whole no comment route. I almost felt like I had been selling black market babies, pushing crack on the schoolyards of Missouri or ripping the tags off of mattresses.

KD said...

Oh, I didn't realize there was illegal smuggling involved....you bad boy!!!! So what am I supposed to do w/the evidence? I'm not going to no Canadian prison out on the plains of Alberta for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

In telling the story to my brother-in-law, I told him that I authorized him to drive down and claim it, but (as excited as he was to try the deer jerky) I am not sure that he is up for the trek.

I imagine you are unlikely to eat all of the deer meat by yourself, but you must know someone who would enjoy it. I grant you full powers of authority over the venison . . . at least until my brother-in-law shows up.

KD said...

Well, considering the last time I ate deer meat I threw up all the way from here to Salem, I'm thinking I'm not gonna participate in the enjoyment of said venison...tell your brother-in-law to hurry b/c I'm not sure how long that stuff keeps......

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight . . . you're from Salem, yet you don't know anyone who would be willing to take a little deer meat off of your hands???