Monday, February 11, 2008

Ice pellets from heaven

Geez, you take one day off from posting on your blog and the backlash you receive is amazing! I'm back people, I'm back. Is my blog better than Perez Hilton's? Please say yes....anyway. I avoided turning on my computer yesterday because I have dial-up and the thought of even having to deal with it's slowness was more than I could take. Hence, no blogging.

So, my birthday was amazing. Thank you SO much to everyone who came out Saturday night to celebrate with me. Special thanks to my way hot (and Brad Pitt look-alike) designated driver, Mikey. We got some GREAT pictures from that night, I'll be posting them tomorrow....here's a visual for you now, however. Me, up on the stage in front of the entire bar.....doing the hokey pokey. Discuss amongst yourselves now......I am sad to say I didn't have the 20 drinks I was shooting for, but I did have a good 7 or 8 plus a shot of something (still don't know what it was), I apparently thought drinking vodka all night was a good idea...I remember near the end of the night, my cutie-patootie friend Ashley asked me if I needed another drink. Mike just looked at me and said "she's done". That pretty much summed it up right there!
The only way the day could have been better is if a certain hot Canadian was there (there's that cheesiness again. Dammit, I can't stop!), I guess I can't be too greedy and demand his presence ALL the time, right? :) At least I got to talk to him on the phone (at the expense of my planned nap, not that I'm bitter....). Oh, and after the huge mess from October 2007 (in which my charming little brother forget Red and Jon's birthday), I am proud to say that not only did Tim remember my birthday, but he also called (guess he feared "the wrath").

Now I guess I'm officially old and all (thanks to my friend Nate for so kindly pointing that out for me). I was rather proud of myself, however, because I did get up and go to church yesterday (no psalms though!) and got to see Grandpa and the Baumgartners (hey Tim, I got your hat!). Then last night Erin, Val, John and I had dinner at Pho Grand (YUMMY Vienamese food!), then went and got some dessert and hot chocolate and went and saw Kathy Griffin at The Fox. She was freakin HI-LARIOUS! I loved it. Got to run in to Mikey plus Will and Trevor there (Kathy has a HUGE gay following, apparently.....). It was an overall great weekend.

Today I am home from work because I had an appointment to see my allergist (who scolded me for being non-compliant with my meds. It's not my fault I have crappy insurance and can't afford the damn pills! I now have samples to get me through.......gotta love the health care in this country....especially when you work for the insurance company...). The weather is icky and cold-various ice pellets are coming down from the sky and it's like 18 degrees out. I'm thinking about making my home made chili, but that would require leaving the house to get the ingredients, and I'm not sure that's on my agenda for today....

1 comment:

kristy said...

Your Monday sounded heavenly. I could have easily stayed home yesterday. sigh. Glad you had fun on your birthday! Wish Jon and I were there. :(