Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ranting and raving....it's what I do best

Ok, so it was snowing AGAIN this morning (coming down so hard during my morning commute that I couldn't see the car in front of me) and now it's SUNNY outside. WTF people, WTF? I say pick a weather pattern and stick with it. Today I have been longing for Phoenix....quick check of the calendar says I have only 11 more days until I am there....80 degree temps, here I come! I need to dig out all my summery clothes and see if they still fit my fat ass...perhaps that will be this weekend's project. Along with 1. a scrapbooking marathon at Shannon's house in beautiful Valmeyer, Illinois, 2. going to the Ludo concert with my baby brother on Sunday night (yes, KD is going out on a school night....scandalous, I know) and 3. a possible last minute shopping trip if the above mentioned summer clothes no longer fit my fat ass.....

So, my bum ankle is much improved. Still hobbling around like the gimp I am, but definitely getting better. I don't think I'll be running any marathons anytime soon (HA, like I would be anyway, who am I kidding?), however.

I was (am) a bit pissy at work today. Here is something you may not know about me: I am kinda anal about certain things....shocking, I know. One of them being my work. We are all assigned cases here at work and I am very protective and anal about how they are handled (it's my way or the highway!). Well, this morning I came in and was told I'd be passing all of my cases to others so that I could concentrate on the team's discharge follow up appointments. Lucky me. It is, by far, the crappiest job on the team, no one likes doing it, in fact, I'm pretty sure everyone HATES it. My take on it is this-you are essentially doing other people's work for them. KD ain't down wit dat. I managed to take care of a handful of appointments (none for any of Mikey's patients, I'm afraid. Sorry Mikey!). Now I am doing this........

So very excited that my Amy Henson is joining me at the crisis line tonight. Not only do we get to work with each other all day long Monday through Friday, but now every Wednesday night we will be working the crisis line together as well. What a lucky girl she is. :)

Let's see, what else can I rant and rave about today....hmmmmm.......I think that's it for now. More to come, I'm sure.

No comments: