Thursday, February 21, 2008

rat-a-tat-tat

Nothing like waking up to the "rat-a-tat-tat" of ice pellets hitting your window.....

Ugh....it took me two and a half hours to get to work this morning....never fun. I didn't get hateful until near the end of hour #2 (which, really, is pretty good for me). There was an apparently 25 car pile up, unbenownst to me. Once I finally got on 170 and started moving, I started to get happier, only to find they were diverting us off the highway entirely. This is when I might has started saying the "f" word. In fact, I know that is when I started saying the "f" word. Once I found my way back to the highway I was feeling ok, sure, it was icy and slushy as hell, and the fastest I could go was like 30mph, but still, I was moving. Then something went CRACK on my windshield. Not good and I'm not gonna lie, what came out of my mouth was "holy s**t, what the f**k was that?" (I still don't know if my windshield cracked because it is covered in salt and ice and other crap). The weather got worse the closer to work I got, ice pellets from HELL were hitting my car, mixed with some snow-like stuff. There were a-holes driving all over the road (because you know how much I love STL drivers, especially in adverse driving conditions). I called my friend (and co-worker) Amy a couple of times, she was kind enough to make my morning calls for me. I think my anxiety really kicked in when simultaneously I had to pee really badly (after downing a 44oz Diet Dr Pepper during my commute) and my fuel light came on. That was about the time I seriously contemplated breaking in to that bottle of Southern Comfort that's been in my trunk for the last year. I didn't, but I contemplated it. So, anyway, I strolled into work about 10:15am, shaking, anxious and all kinds of worked up. But ALIVE. I may have to spend the night here as the weather forecast for the rest of the day is not pretty. We've already decided to cancel Book Club tonight. It's a friggin' mess out there people, PLEASE be careful.

Hey Red, you missing Missouri NOW?????? :)

2 comments:

kristy said...

Well, I gotta say the texan drivers are way worse than anything my beloved stl a-hole drivers can do. even on pretty days. But I'm loving my 60 degree weather. :)

Where's your idol wrap-up? did you watch the girls last night? I love that tiny asian girl...so cute!

KD said...

No Idol for me on Wed nights b/c I'm at the crisis line! :)