Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dependent on technology

I've been at work for an hour now and I haven't done a damn thing. Not even by choice this time. No, seems company wide our phones are down. Mind you, this is the new phone system that is supposed to be indestructable and reliable, yet it goes down about once a week. This is totally throwing me off because, believe it or not, I am totally OCD about my work day. In the mornings, everything has to be done at a certain time and in a certain way or my day isn't right. Well, today my day ain't right. I've tried busying myself by making copies, returning emails and bitching but still....I have voicemails waiting that I can't get to, I have ten hospitals to call that I can't call. I'm frustrated. And I was bound and determined to make today a better day than yesterday, so far, no such luck.

So, I knew I wasn't feeling all that great yesterday. I was achy and really, really tired. Well, I got home at 4:30 and went to lay down for a bit because I had a headache. Next thing I know, it's almost 7:00.....oops. Guess I fell asleep. That's how I know I really am not feeling too well. Although I don't think I'm fully sick yet, just on the verge of getting sick. Gonna be a fun week. :)

P.S. It is now 9:30am and the phones still do not work. Guess I'll just sit here and look pretty. Work gave us some mini bottles of Dimetapp the other day, maybe I'll drink one of those and see what happens.....

No comments: