Tuesday, February 26, 2008

American Idol lowdown according to me

People, The David's still have it. More on them in a bit. Let me break down tonight's top 10 men's performances for you. Because remember, it's MY opinion that really counts....

1. Michael-I was a bit disappointed in his performance tonight, especially because I really, really like him. That, and the Cubs 2nd baseman said to vote for him because he's friends with him. He's not going anywhere this week but he better step it up. At least he's still cute.

2. Jason #1-the judges didn't like it, but I actually thought his rendition of "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" by Andy Gibb was pretty good. Sure, the song is cheezy as hell, but that's why I like it and that's why it's on my iPod. He'll be on the show for weeks to come.

3. Luke-I was not a fan of this guy last week. His version of "Killer Queen" was ok, he's no Freddie Mercury, that's for sure, but he probably bought himself another week. Then again, admitting he's in an a cappella group may not have done him any favors.....

4. Robbie-I really don't dig this dude. I think the judges are right that he is trying too hard to be this "rocker dude". And NO ONE does Foreigner quite like, well, Foreigner.....and my cutie pie Canadian (his version of "Jukebox Hero" is TO DIE FOR people! No really.....). Robbie will, unfortunately, still be around next week, however.

5. Danny-could he BE any more gay? No, seriously. Wow. He makes Mike look straight (well, almost). I thought he did much better this week than last week. I mean, he did The Carpenters, that's gotta count for something, right? All the screaming little gay boys will keep him around for awhile.

6. David H-LOVE him! I have from the beginning, I must say. Not a huge fan of the song he did, but he was awesome, awesome, awesome! Even if he is a man-gymnast.

7. Jason #2-pack your bags my friend, pack your bags. The Carnival cruise ship is calling.....I felt kinda bad for him because the judges were really mean, but honestly, he gotta go. BUH BYE.

8. Chikieze-well, I was all set to not like Mr. Love Boat but he came out and did a pretty good job this week! Well done! Jacuzzi (as my mom calls him) may just grow on me......

9. David C-Blue Springs, Missouri in da house yo! I'm sorry people, but I love this guy! I know Simon says he has no personality and Mikey hates his hair, but I love him, I think he rocks. And I LOVE that he is a crossword puzzle nerd, because, so am I. That, in my book, makes him cool.

10. David A-OMG, could he be any more adorable? That version of "Imagine" seriously made me tear up (I'm woman enough to admit it). Simon was right-this kid is the one to beat. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!

So, to wrap it up, the David's-LOVE THEM. Jason #2-GOING HOME. Danny-REALLY GAY.

No comments: