Wednesday, February 06, 2008

grab bag of fun

I have a lot of random things floating through my head this morning. The first of which being the thought-why the hell am I awake? It is rainy and cold and gross outside and I really wanna be under my blankies rather than at work at 7:30am. Second, Lizzard, thanks so much for the birthday card, SO glad my life entertains you! ;) I aim to please......I can't believe how big the kids are! Geez! I have the pictures you sent prominently displayed in my cubicle at work! I miss you so much Lizzard!!!! I really, really do. I am going through this phase where I am thinking about all my friends I rarely get to see and how much I love each and every one of you. Yes, sometimes even this girl gets sappy........

I'm also thinking about how Angry and Bitter people make me feel sad.....for them. What is the point of life if you are going to go through it being bitter and cynical? I just don't get it. And I must say this, you are a pretty miserable person if you can never be happy for your friends when their lives are going well....I'm sure it's out of jealousy or just pure hatefulness, I don't know. Anyway, my plan is to distance myself from those people. Life is too short to be miserable by proxy. I don't want cranky, judgemental a-holes in my life. Moving on.....

So, my mom was emailing me yesterday from work high as a frickin' kite on Vicodin. Poor mommy, she has shingles which sounds like it totally sucks, I feel bad for her. She's spent most of 2008 feeling like crap so far. I hope you feel better soon mommy! I love you! Sorry Promises of Malibu and the Cirque Lodge are out of network for United Health Care....I told you I could totally get you into rehab at the Salem Treatment Center....let me know, I can make the arrangements. :) I won't be able to manage your care, however, since I'm guessing that would be a conflict of interest......

If any of you locals are interested, we are doing breakfast at First Watch on Saturday morning. This girl loves herself some breakfast food and that place is the best-I figure I deserve a birthday breakfast. :)

Speaking of birthdays, sooooo looking forward to Saturday! Can't wait to hang with some of my peeps, I know we are gonna have a great time!

Today is Ash Wednesday, I am skipping out on the crisis line so that I can go to church with my Grandpa. Every year for Ash Wednesday, they have a big fish fry at church since we are not supposed to eat meat on that day. It's actually pretty fun (right Red?). I really like going and really like Lent. Haven't truly decided what I'm going to "give up" yet, although Canada suggested giving up visits from Canadians for Lent....that is probably something I could do (albeit unwillingly.....). :)

I think I'm done rambling for now, but the day is young. Right now, I need to get on people.com and get the latest Britney update. Later y'all.

2 comments:

kristy said...

I am going to miss the Atonement fish Fry this year! I'm going to be eating a bowl of cereal instead. :(

KD said...

Red-don't be too disappointed. Grandpa told me the other day they were considering foregoing the typical fish fry and just ordering Long John Silvers for everyone.....