Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy VD!



Happy VD everyone! The day of Love, makes me wanna hurl (just a little bit). I've embraced it though and brought Care Bear valentines to my co-workers. Yes, I'm cheesy like that (right DT?). :)
So, I had a craptastic night last night at the crisis line. I had a case that took three hours (I'm only there for four PEOPLE!), I had to talk to one of our local psychiatrists who barely speaks English (I actually at first thought it was either a prank call or some crazy person pretending to be the doctor-it's happened before). The case was still going on when I left-I advised the supervisor that there was no way in hell I was staying there any longer.....I had a better ending to my night, however, as I returned home and saw a package at my door from a foreign land they call Canada. It put a much needed smile on my face. ;)
The good news is I am way hyper today almost to the point where it is difficult to contain me. I can't seem to focus on getting any of my work done (not that we're busy, mind you), I feel like an ADD kid off their meds. Maybe it's all the sugar.....
I am back at the crisis line tonight to talk to all the crazy, lonely people in the world lookin' for love. Wish me luck on that one.
My hair has taken on a life of it's own today. I decided to go the curly route today (basically out of laziness) and if you've seen recent pictures of me you know that it's pretty damn long. Today I am kinda lookin' like Jon Bon Jovi circa 1987 (my sister knows what I'm talkin' about-lion hair anyone?).
By the way-glad to hear that the crying homeless kid got the boot on American Idol. I mean, seriously.

8 comments:

kristy said...

I'm totally rockin' the lion today, my sister. That muggy Texas air, and I'm rewarding myself today because I dried it straight all week. :)

KD said...

oh the lion hair. I had to contain it today, so it is in a big pile on top of my head...not lookin so cute today. See you get it sister, that whole straightening this is HARD WORK! and sometimes, totally not worth the effort.... :)

KD said...

i meant "straightening thing". i'm a tard

Anonymous said...

I here ya . . . I don't think I am going to straighten my hair today either.

KD said...

you're a dork! let me know if you want to borrow my straightener sometime...i'll drive it up to ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, the reason I didn't straighten my hair today was because my straightener was broken. So yes I do need to borrow one . . . or I could just throw caution to the wind and let it be.

KD said...

ooo, you wild man! :) i could have it to you in about, oh, 1000 hours....i wonder how long it would take to drive from stl to bc.....i'm gonna mapquest it... :)

Anonymous said...

It's easy. Just head straight North until you hit the TransCanada Highway, take a left and then take the 160th street exit, a right on 96th another right on 137th and it is the house with the stop sign in the yard