Friday, February 15, 2008

The Affair

It's a good Friday y'all! Caseloads are low, everyone is in a good mood (I feel some singing and dancing in the aisles coming on), and I have a date tonight with my gay boyfriend. We are going to The Fox to see Avenue Q, which has been described as "X-rated Sesame Street" (Mike's description, not mine). From what I know, it is supposed to be hilarious, it's a play done by puppets (hence the Sesame Street reference) and is supposed to be for "mature audiences only", which concerned me a bit given it's me and Mike going, and we are far from mature..... :)

Tomorrow is our monthly Girl's Lunch, I got to pick the restaurant this month since it's my birthday month (we may as well celebrate all month, it's a short one!), so we are going to O'Charlie's-not fancy by any means, but their salmon is to die for!!! I love it. Seriously. I try hard to stay on The Path-eating fairly well and all that good stuff. Temptation was high last night at the crisis line, however, as I walked in and saw two large sheet cakes sitting in the kitchen. Who the hell is trying to sabotage me, I wondered. I later found out it was in celebration of the most successful month ever at the crisis line. Apparently in January, we took nearly 18,000 calls (mind boggling, really) and answered something like 96% of them within 30 seconds. Amazing. Canada and I kinda talked about this last night-as much as I joke about my job (because, come on, telling stories about the crazy people we talk to is entertaining and the way we cope with the stress), I sometimes forget what amazing work we do. We really help people and that is something we really should be proud of. I was reminded of that last night and it kinda renewed my faith in people.....that is until I heard about yet another mass shooting, this time in Illinois. Disillusioned again. Boo.

Sorry for all the seriousness, I know you don't expect it of me, but sometimes it comes out, I can't help it! If you are a praying person at all, I'd like you to keep my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Sullivan and our family friend Mitch in your thoughts and prayers. They are both battling cancer-for the second time, which seems completely unfair to me. They are amazing people and tougher than I'll ever be.

And now back to silliness.....

I have gone from cheating on Diet Coke with my new favorite Diet Dr. Pepper to completely ending my relationship with Diet Coke. It had to happen, I'm afraid. Diet Coke is just too sweet for me. Not only did I break up with Diet Coke and have continued my relationship with Diet Dr Pepper, but I have also started another relationship.......with Diet Pepsi. I know, it's shocking and scandalous, but that's how I roll. Diet Coke, I'll never forget the good times we had, I'm sorry it had to end this way. Maybe we can still be friends?

2 comments:

Broker said...

Google the word "asparatame" and you will never drink diet sodas again . . . :) Have fun at your girl's lunch . . . girl time is so important these days!! Next week may be a girl's night out at House of Rock on Thursday night to see Joe Dirt so keep that night open!

KD said...

Oh, House of Rock...Uncle Jimmy's band used to play there...I LOVE Joe Dirt! Not sure if this gal can play on a school night since I have to be up at 6am, but perhaps I can' make an exception.... :)