Monday, March 03, 2008

Schizophrenic weather

Uh, I don't get it. So....yesterday it was 77 degrees outside and today? We are under some winter weather warning....all I'm hearing is rain turning to ice turning to 6-12 inches of snow. Which prompts me to say.........WTF? I just don't get it.

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was quite good, thanks for asking. My friday night was VERY exciting, consisting of reading People magazine and listening to my new Ludo CD (and wishing a certain someone was there with me). Saturday, I woke up at 7:30am (which really upset me) and set about running errands, including printing out copies of pictures dating back to Halloween so that I would have something to scrapbook. I headed over to my friend Shannon's around noon for our power scrapbooking afternoon. What fun we had there! Somehow, power scrapbooking turned into dinner at this place in Columbia, Illinois called Tequila's. From there it turned into drinking margaritas, just the "small" one, which was about as big as my head. Let me tell you, these things were strong! You could practically smell the tequilla coming off them. This snowballed into a lot of giggling and inappropriate behavior that I promised I wouldn't talk about on my blog. On that subject, I'll leave you with this....the pencil test really does work.

Sunday was what I like to call a Day of Fun. I got up nice and early and headed to church. It was just me and Grandpa (thus I had the sole responsibility of shushing him when he started talking too loud, thanks Baumgartners for ditching me!). After that we hung out at Grandpa's and waited for my brother Tim to arrive. Tim and I had plans to go out to the American Legion post and shoot guns, however, when Tim was advised that this would cost him money (with Grandpa saying "hey, we gotta make a profit!"), he quickly vetoed this option for afternoon entertainment, so we went to the movies instead. We decided to see the new Will Ferrell movie "Semi Pro". It was, as you can imagine, quite silly. There was one particular part that made Tim and I laugh so hard we were crying ("I've been punched in the armpit before"). Prior to the movie, we had a bit of time to kill so I took Timbo over to the crisis line to see where I work (it's right next to the movie theatre). He got to meet Tanya, Allison, Shauna and Alex and see just how inappropriate we are when there. Good times.

Last night was the Ludo show at The Pageant. For those that don't know, Ludo is a St. Louis based band who recently signed a major record deal and last night was their CD release party. Tim has gotten me in to this band so I was excited to go see them live. And they didn't disappoint-the show was great, very loud (come on, I am an old lady after all). Y'all will be impressed to know that this Old Lady was out until midnight.....on a school night. I know, I know, I'm a bit out of control. After the show I decided to take Tim to the most happenin' hot spot for late night breakfast food......Uncle Bill's. YUM! After refueling (and Timbo guzzling some coffee), Tim headed back to Salem (as he has to work this AM) and this old gal headed to bed...only I couldn't sleep. Thus, the last time I looked at the clock it was 1:30am...and I got up at 6:20am. Needless to say, I'm a bit sleepy..........and my ears are still ringing.

Thus far today at work, Mike and I have been making costumes for Mike's calendar. He has a calendar of NYC firefighters in his cubicle...all shirtless. Our boss, Karen, told Mike that the calendar was inappropriate for the office, so we decided back in January that we would create "outfits" for each month so that the guys were properly covered up. For March, I think we have outdone ourselves. I'm in charge of hats and he now has a very lovely leprechaun hat on complete with the leprechaun green suit that Mikey made for him. He's really hot now. It prompted much giggling this morning.

Less than a week before I leave for Phoenix! YAY! I am soooooo ready for some time off from work. And yesterday's teaser weather with the sunny 77 degrees has made me long for nice weather again....Phoenix shall deliver.

So, here's for being sent home early today due to weather conditions. Really it's cuz I wanna go home and sleep. Happy Monday!

No comments: