Wednesday, March 26, 2008

LOVE American Idol!

People, that David Cook is freakin' AWESOME! Must be because he's a CMSU alum (or whatever it's called nowadays). American Idol was my priority last night over Dancing With The Stars (I mean, who was surprised that man-woman Monica Seles and that freakishly tall Penn and Teller guy got the boot? Certainly not me.).

Ok, so here's KD's lowdown on the American Idol Top 10 from last night. It was a mixed bag folks, but overall a pretty good night.

1. Ramiele-she sang "Alone" by Heart. It was cute, kinda boring, Simon liked it, however which surprised me. I have a feeling she may be going home this week, however. Sorry kid.

2. Jason-Robyn, you will be happy to know that I didn't hate him this week. He was cute, charming, and it was his birthday. :) I thought the judges were kinda rough on him. I'd never heard the song and had no idea what he was saying (was it in Spanish?), but it sounded ok. I think he's safe.

3. Syesha-go girl! I thought she was amazing! Didn't know the song, but who cares? She was great, great, great. Definitely the best girl in the bunch.

4. Chikieze-ok, his mom is named Chika? Did anyone else catch that? And is Ryan Seacrest in love with him? I mean seriously. Ok, I know people like Chikieze (like my co-worker Julie Zoell-Patrick), but he is super cheezy folks. I felt like I was watching a Billy Ocean concert and that he was gonna start belting out "suddenly, life has new meaning to me.....". He sang well, but it had a very cruise ship-y feel.

5. Brooke-I know my mom likes her, but I find her quite boring. And no one is really that nice. No one. Her version of "Every Breath You Take" was ok, she sounded good and looked pretty. She'll probably stay.

6. Michael-LOVED it! He really does sing Queen songs well. I just think he's pretty much fantastic and the judges finally liked him this week.

7. Carly-ugh, so OVER her. It sounded like karaoke night at Johnny Gitto's.......

8. David Archuletta-ok, the song was WAY weird, never heard of it, the judges thought so too. However, he is still a great singer, and adorable and way marketable....top two all the way. I loved Paula's comment that he could sing the phone book and we'd all listen. It's kinda true.....

9. Kristy Lee-dammit, I really wanted her to go home this week, but she did pretty well. Granted, she picked the cheeziest of all cheezy songs, "I'm Proud To Be An American" (which Mikey likes to sing in the office periodically). She totally played the patriotic card and it worked for her. Smart girl.

10. David Cook-oh David. Let it be known he has been my favorite from Day 1. He totally KICKED ASS last night, singing Chris Cornell's version of "Billie Jean". Pure genius. It rocked, he sounded great, the judges loved him and Simon called it "amazing". That's big. Wow is all I have to say-I loved it.

So, the person getting the boot this week isn't as clear cut. I'm thinking it will be Ramiele, but Chikieze may be in the bottom two with her. We shall see tonight!

Have I mentioned that I love this show?

No comments: